VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Remember, there will be temporary negative camber as suspension compresses.

From logic, 19x8 ET 40/41 flushes with fender on regular stance. If lowered, it won't look flush.

Same with lowered with 19x8.5 ~ET35 looks flush until you compress more...

I hope it makes sense; i just use my common sense and visualized in my head. :laugh:

· Registered
1,124 Posts
What??? you are asking me to post pictures of my car and wheels..JEEEEEEEEZZZ !!!!!:screwy::screwy::screwy:

ok ..ok... here you go!

As I said earlier:
19X9 ET33, OEM VW wheel on Conti DWS on a 245\35\19 set up on a H&R sport spring drop.

Does it help you are you expected something else???

sweet tiguan savannah wheels :laugh::thumbup:

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Thanks.

Yes. I know others that bought KW and other similar brands that for CC received same spring part number as my MKV GTI/A3 springs. The only reason I used them is they are about 1/8 in shorter than the other springs.

Ride is great. More firm ride but that's the point. Love the hr bar. It locked in the rear nicely.
sounds good.:thumbup: :laugh:

are you running 245 tires or 235? i forgot if you had mentioned that before.

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Quick question guys, I'm planning to install coilovers this summer, what should I go with? Here are my current options:

Solo Werks - $499 shipped
ST - $698 shipped

Keep in mind that the price difference is not a big issue, although, I wouldn't want to spend $1300. That's just crazy money for me.

I don't plan to slam the car but would like to be at around 25" FTG or maybe a quarter inch lower. The car is my DD and would hate to lose comfort. Btw, I've heard mised reviews about the two, although, most of those reviews are positive. Thanks in advance.
ride quality is different according to the road surface. Solo Werks is more stiffer and not too bumps friendly, but will go lower. ST is softer (same as KW1 and Vogtland) and lower to just about 25FTG. Just search the forum..

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Based on zimmer_CC's setup, He has AG Wheels M510 19x9.5 ET30 for front (225/35/19 i believe).

I'm wondering if ET40 235/35/19 will fit the front after cutting part of fender liner and roll without rubbing strut.

I'm lowered on Vogtland/ST setup ~25 FTG

· Registered
1,124 Posts
2010 VW cc solo-werks coilovers on stock wheels

found these for sale 19X8.5 +35 on 245/35/19

in ur expert opinion will it fit? im not wanting to raise the car and have to align everything again

I'm guessing you're about 25FTG, same as look as mine with 17s stock.
Front and rear will fit fine except rear will almost flush, and you will have a slight tuck-in look for front fitment. :thumbup: My wild guess would be 5mm spacers for front and 3mm spacers for rear will be good. Don't quote me! lol

Nice wheels nonetheless. 245 tires sure do look good.

· Registered
1,124 Posts
20x8.5 et 33 Audi A7/A8 OEM Reps Polish face/Gunmetal inserts
225/30 Hancook Ventus V12 evo K110 XL
12mm spacers in front
H&R Ultra Low, H&R RSB

Just a reminder my front fenders are both rolled and pulled.
Absolutely no rubbing.

Plenty of threads left. Going to drop front another 1/4"

good stuff dude! :thumbup::laugh:

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Installed some spacers over the weekend. I spent a lot of time looking at SHiZNiLTi's 16mm F/10mm R setup, and the tried and true 12mm F/5mm R setup. I ended up with what I'd consider "tire flush", not wheel flush, and what works for me without tires being stretched. For reference, ST Coilovers 25.5" FTG.

I went with some ECS Tuning 15mm Front, 6mm Rear Spacers and bolts. Top quality spacers and bolts, installed per the video on the website using anti-seize and enjoyed a vibration free 250 mile drive home afterwards. Time for pics:

Rear w/o Spacer:

Front w/o Spacer:

Front Spacer install (with my trusty Gorilla Bolt Tool! :cool:):

The aftermath!

Wider shot:

Not sure if this is it's final form, but it's fender safe (so far, save for some liner contact :( ) and a huge improvement in my eyes. Enjoy!
good stuff. :thumbup:

tire hair...lool :laugh:

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Thank you! I meant to cut those things off, I can see them in my side view mirrors now as I drive haha.
leave them hair on lool.

noob question: what's the Gorilla bolt stick do? Do you use it to line up the bolt-hole positions? That's a lot of grease you're using.:eek: I just use lithium grease spray; made feel like I might need to re-do mine again.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts