VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
2881 - 2900 of 6277 Posts

· Registered
651 Posts
can you fit 19/10 up front on the cc ?

· Registered
150 Posts
just curious... Will 19x8.5 +35 offset works well with lowered cc?? or +45 offset??
Tire will be 235/35/19
Will 35 offset have no rub what so ever or it will rub at some point??
I was looking for 45 offset wheels but seems like lot of people run 35 with springs or coil?

· Registered
43 Posts
Hey everyone,
I have been a member for not too long and really love this forum. I have a question about wheel size and offsets. I purchased a 2013 VW CC executive 4motion and want to get some new wheels for the car. The only mod that I did so far are H&R sport lowering springs. I am wondering if a 20x8.5 et 44 wheel for the front and a 20x19 et55 wheel for the rear would work for my vehilcle? If so, what size tires should I run? I also dont want any rubbing issues. Thanks in advance for the help.

· Registered
3,103 Posts
CC Owners: Suspension/Wheels/Tires - with specs & pictures

Hey everyone,
I have been a member for not too long and really love this forum. I have a question about wheel size and offsets. I purchased a 2013 VW CC executive 4motion and want to get some new wheels for the car. The only mod that I did so far are H&R sport lowering springs. I am wondering if a 20x8.5 et 44 wheel for the front and a 20x19 et55 wheel for the rear would work for my vehilcle? If so, what size tires should I run? I also dont want any rubbing issues. Thanks in advance for the help.
235/30/20? There will be a little stretch in the rear. Since you have a 4motion, you want to keep the front and rear overall diameter the same or within 3% I think. I don't think you'll have rubbing issues with those offsets.

· Registered
43 Posts
235/30/20? There will be a little stretch in the rear. Since you have a 4motion, you want to keep the front and rear overall diameter the same or within 3% I think. I don't think you'll have rubbing issues with those offsets.
Hey fastb7s4,
Thanks for the quick reply. What exactly does that mean as far as stretch of the tire? Is it going to affect anything with the wear of the tire? So with a 235/30/20 that you are recommending, will that keep the overall diameter of all four wheels the same? Thanks so much for your help!!

· Registered
765 Posts
I just got the stock bolts from VW dealer and had the shop install those. I have to look for a wheel lock set now that will fit these VMRs.

· Registered
3,103 Posts
CC Owners: Suspension/Wheels/Tires - with specs & pictures

im sorry, the wheel offsets for the wheels I want to get are et37 in the front(20x8.5) and et47(20x10) in the rear. Would this work and what tire size would I need?
Should still work but will be more of a stretch for the rear. Stretch means the stretch the sidewalks of a narrow tire to make it fit a wider wheel. You don't have to get the same size tires front and back but it is easier. If you get a wider tire out back, you will need a lower aspect ratio tire for the back then too so that your overall diameter is about the same as the front. I always use the below site to calculate tire sizes.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

· Registered
63 Posts
im sorry, the wheel offsets for the wheels I want to get are et37 in the front(20x8.5) and et47(20x10) in the rear. Would this work and what tire size would I need?
Hi, 235 mm wide tire on 10'' rim would be quite aggressive tire stretch. I would not go with such stretch for a daily car. You could put in the back 275/25 or even 285/25 tire to not have that stretch and to have very similar overall diameter of the wheels, but you most probably would have rubbing issues with such wide tires as they would poke. Also might rub in the inside against the shock (not sure about that). Other option would be to go with all tires 245/30, but still with this setup you might have problems with rubbing against the fender in the rear and the stretch would still be quite big. If you do not want to have stretched tires I would go with all four rims 20x8,5 with 235/30 tires and use spacers. With ET37 actually you might be fine also with no spacers.

· Registered
543 Posts
just curious... Will 19x8.5 +35 offset works well with lowered cc?? or +45 offset??
Tire will be 235/35/19
Will 35 offset have no rub what so ever or it will rub at some point??
I was looking for 45 offset wheels but seems like lot of people run 35 with springs or coil?
i have 19x8.5 +35 in the rear and up front i added 7mm spacers so that would be et28. lowered on coils. no rubbing at all

· Registered
17,158 Posts
2881 - 2900 of 6277 Posts