·
Registered
5,344 Posts
looks great :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found a my size at...

http://www.bigbrandwheels.com/MiRo-Wheels-Type-111-18-inch-18x8-5-Hyper-Silver-Rims/4975/

Decent price too. I was going to go with ECS, but they are out of stock. I am sticking with the 18's because of the roads up here in NY. I have already had some issues with potholes and there is no way I can sacrifice any rubber.
I hope they look just as good after I get the sport springs installed. Still undecided between Eibach and HR though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Funny.... the Miro 111's were MY choice too, but.....
they only come as ET 32 in 19".
Not good if you are dropped!!! I would have to roll fenders.

I ordered the 3SDM .01's which are ET 42. Can always add small spacers, if needed!
They are taking the "slow boat" from the UK and will be here in May:

TM
That Sirocco is... I cant even think of a word cool enough to describe it. :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Quick question guys, I'm planning to install coilovers this summer, what should I go with? Here are my current options:

Solo Werks - $499 shipped
ST - $698 shipped

Keep in mind that the price difference is not a big issue, although, I wouldn't want to spend $1300. That's just crazy money for me.

I don't plan to slam the car but would like to be at around 25" FTG or maybe a quarter inch lower. The car is my DD and would hate to lose comfort. Btw, I've heard mised reviews about the two, although, most of those reviews are positive. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Re: CC Owners: Suspension/Wheels/Tires - with specs & pictures

Quick question guys, I'm planning to install coilovers this summer, what should I go with? Here are my current options:

ST - $698 shipped

Keep in mind that the price difference is not a big issue, although...
Just remember...you get what you pay for. I have a set of Vmaxx coils on my car, paid $690 for the set. It was in my price range at the time.
1....yes my car is low, and can go lower
2....my ride is bumpy as hell now
3....I should have researched a bit more and opted for a set with dampening.
4...I will be upgrading my coils to a better set soon.

Just my .02

Ps..I can take you for a spin when we do the Meet up next month..and you can judge for yourself.
:beer:

Sent from my big A $$ Galaxy Note 2.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

ST - $698 shipped

Keep in mind that the price difference is not a big issue, although, I wouldn't want to spend $1300. That's just crazy money for me.

I don't plan to slam the car but would like to be at around 25" FTG or maybe a quarter inch lower. The car is my DD and would hate to lose comfort. Btw, I've heard mised reviews about the two, although, most of those reviews are positive. Thanks in advance.
ride quality is different according to the road surface. Solo Werks is more stiffer and not too bumps friendly, but will go lower. ST is softer (same as KW1 and Vogtland) and lower to just about 25FTG. Just search the forum..

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Just remember...you get what you pay for. I have a set of Vmaxx coils on my car, paid $690 for the set. It was in my price range at the time.
1....yes my car is low, and can go lower
2....my ride is bumpy as hell now
3....I should have researched a bit more and opted for a set with dampening.
4...I will be upgrading my coils to a better set soon.

Just my .02

Ps..I can take you for a spin when we do the Meet up next month..and you can judge for yourself.
:beer:

Sent from my big A $$ Galaxy Note 2.
Thanks, dude. Will definitely take you up on that offer. Honestly, I've heard lots of peeps say that ST"s are good, maybe around 8.5 out of 10...keeping in mind that there is no perfect coilover set. Also, ST's are made by KW, so, knowing that, I would guess that its no different than KW's ride (I could be wrong). Moving over to Solo Werks, again, heard lots of peeps say that it rides well, including Dan who did the work for notamechanic. I'm a little skeptical about it, but then again, if lots of people are happy about it up north where the roads are bad, then I guess it will ride decent in Florida since our roads are nicer.

That's pretty much how I analyzed the reviews that I've read. And btw, I've read ever post on ever page of this thread :laugh:.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks, dude. Will definitely take you up on that offer. Honestly, I've heard lots of peeps say that ST"s are good, maybe around 8.5 out of 10...keeping in mind that there is no perfect coilover set. Also, ST's are made by KW, so, knowing that, I would guess that its no different than KW's ride (I could be wrong). Moving over to Solo Werks, again, heard lots of peeps say that it rides well, including Dan who did the work for notamechanic. I'm a little skeptical about it, but then again, if lots of people are happy about it up north where the roads are bad, then I guess it will ride decent in Florida since our roads are nicer.

That's pretty much how I analyzed the reviews that I've read. And btw, I've read ever post on ever page of this thread :laugh:.
If I can handle the Solo-Werks in Michigan, you will be just fine in Florida!

PS: This is pretty much what ALL of our roads look like in Michigan...lol. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
CC Owners: Suspension/Wheels/Tires - with specs & pictures

I'm thinking about going on H&R sport springs. 1.5 in front and 1.4 in back.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Eibach Pro-kit near perfectly corrects the reverse rake. Two finger gap all the way around on all 4 wheels for me.

2921 - 2940 of 6276 Posts