VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
2961 - 2980 of 6277 Posts

· Registered
787 Posts
Just installed a set of VMR 708s - 19 x 8.5 ET35. Anyone running spacers with a ET35? Just looking at the car looks like there may still be a few mm left before flush. Getting ready to install springs.
I think it's generally agreed that 19x8.5 ET35 is fairly flush in the rear, and that the front could take 5mm+ to match. Depending on your drop, camber settings, etc, too much spacer could need some fender rolling. If you are installing springs and not coilovers I think you could run a bit of front spacer and be safe.

· Registered
787 Posts
Thanks, Andy. I really can't see the fender gap very well (if there's any) and would like to know the ftg or the finger gap (1 finger, 1 tight finger, non at all). Sorry if I'm sounding a little kinky. Lol.

I'm really close to deciding on purchasing ST coilovers. Thanks.
I'll get a picture up for you this weekend as soon as it hits the ground. Might settle a bit after that, but I have a feeling that the STs will get you about a 1 finger gap and that is about it.

Konis seem to go lower and have adjustable damping. Do you have those on your radar?

· Registered
200 Posts
Just installed a set of VMR 708s - 19 x 8.5 ET35. Anyone running spacers with a ET35? Just looking at the car looks like there may still be a few mm left before flush. Getting ready to install springs.
PICS PLEASE! thinking of buying a set of these and not sure what they look like on a CC. please!

· Registered
1,253 Posts
I'll get a picture up for you this weekend as soon as it hits the ground. Might settle a bit after that, but I have a feeling that the STs will get you about a 1 finger gap and that is about it.

Konis seem to go lower and have adjustable damping. Do you have those on your radar?
Yes, it's between the ST and the Koni to be honest. I think I have scratched off the Ultra Low since the ride is a bit harsher, so I've heard.

2961 - 2980 of 6277 Posts