VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
6261 - 6277 of 6277 Posts

· Registered
17,158 Posts
Running oem everything currently. Replacing the tires 235/40-18 currently with new contis 235/45-18. There won’t be any rubbing issues will there. I keep getting told that they will not fit or they will rub. I’m just looking for a little more sidewall as streets here suck and road noise eliminated a little more. Thank ahead.
Should be fine

· Registered
149 Posts
Some bad news... my daughter took out my wife's CC last month and wrecked the car... lost "A" rim/tire and significant damage to the front passenger side (bit on the hood/fender/headlamp/fog/bumper/tire/rim cracked/control arm snapped) luckily she's ok. Tree 1, CC 0. Unfortunately, the Ace Alloy Convex in Black/Machined Face style is discontinued and I was unable to locate the single rim in that size (19x8.5 ET45+). So, I went ahead and had my wife pick out a new set for her car, she went with the same brand Also, 19x8.5 ET45+ AFF02 Mica Grey/Machined face.

Looks similar to the old set... sharper lines more machined face and the spokes a bit further apart.

Here's the car when it was damaged.

· Registered
5 Posts
Audi Allroad rims with ET26?

Hi all,

I wonder if Audi Allroad rims can be fitted on CC? They are 8Jx19 ET26 with 245/40?19 tires... I run H&R Sport Springs and almost confident that I'll get into issues with the ET26 but the deal is kinda good not to try. Thanks everyone!

· Registered
149 Posts
Hi all,

I wonder if Audi Allroad rims can be fitted on CC? They are 8Jx19 ET26 with 245/40?19 tires... I run H&R Sport Springs and almost confident that I'll get into issues with the ET26 but the deal is kinda good not to try. Thanks everyone!

It's highly likely you'll be rubbing on the fender line, you might even have a good amount of poke. I believe stock lux wheels on the 2013 is offset +41 at 18x8 and they're almost flushed. I think the safest one can probably go is +35 and a bit of -camber. The car canbers naturally with H&R springs already (we have those too on stock struts). My wife's CC is running +45 @ 8.5 width (255/35/19 tires) with no rub and it's pretty close to the stock spring seat.

· Registered
5 Posts
It's highly likely you'll be rubbing on the fender line, you might even have a good amount of poke. I believe stock lux wheels on the 2013 is offset +41 at 18x8 and they're almost flushed. I think the safest one can probably go is +35 and a bit of -camber. The car canbers naturally with H&R springs already (we have those too on stock struts). My wife's CC is running +45 @ 8.5 width (255/35/19 tires) with no rub and it's pretty close to the stock spring seat.
Thanks a lot!

I actually ended buying a set of slightly curbed 19x8 BBS CH with ET 50 and 3 225/35/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. It seems that I'd need spacers: up to 20 for the front and 10 for the back.

I am currently running 16' OEM steelies with ET 33 with studded winter 215/60/16 Nokians and kinda like the flush look I have in the rear. Front - not so much.

6261 - 6277 of 6277 Posts