VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here, I just got a steal on two dual tone seats from a 2010 CC TSI. Got both front seats for $200USD. I’m having trouble with the harnesses for them. I can’t find anywhere online for the pin out for them nor anyone trying this. But the seats do fit on the Jetta bracket wise but they have no functionality since the ones coming off are not powered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
Could you post pictures of the CC seats installed in your Jetta? Always loved how the CC seats looked!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
First and foremost, what year is your Jetta? From what I understand is if you have a 2016+ then you will not be able to code out the airbags from a 2010 as it is deemed to be too old. I ran into this problem with my seats that I swapped.

Secondly, do you have access to a vagcom? This will be needed so that your ECU can recognize the new seats (passenger seat recognition module) or you will have an airbag light on and the airbags will not function properly. Also, since the CC seats are powered, you will have to run a new wire and fuse to get power to them...unless you plan on keeping them in a fixed position?

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First and foremost, what year is your Jetta? From what I understand is if you have a 2016+ then you will not be able to code out the airbags from a 2010 as it is deemed to be too old. I ran into this problem with my seats that I swapped.

Secondly, do you have access to a vagcom? This will be needed so that your ECU can recognize the new seats (passenger seat recognition module) or you will have an airbag light on and the airbags will not function properly. Also, since the CC seats are powered, you will have to run a new wire and fuse to get power to them...unless you plan on keeping them in a fixed position?

It’s a 2012 Jetta the donor car is a 2010 Passat CC any recommendations for a vagcom? Would the obdeleven work?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
It’s a 2012 Jetta the donor car is a 2010 Passat CC any recommendations for a vagcom? Would the obdeleven work?

Not sure about the obdeleven. Someone here may be able to shed some light on that. I used the vagcom from Ross-Tech (VCDS) which is what my dealership uses. People sell theirs here and there on this forum.

The seats should theoretically work. Unfortunately I cannot help you with the wiring for the CC. Have you tried the CC forum to see if someone has modified their seats and can let you know the wiring schematic?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I got you covered bro, I can send you both diagrams for your Jetta & CC. Just PM me your email.

Keep in mind that you WILL have to swap the seat recognition module & pad and do the adaption, which means you will have to take apart both lower seats to do this. I have done this before. And you may have to do some re-pinning at the connectors too. You also have to swap seat belt buckles too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got you covered bro, I can send you both diagrams for your Jetta & CC. Just PM me your email.

Keep in mind that you WILL have to swap the seat recognition module & pad and do the adaption, which means you will have to take apart both lower seats to do this. I have done this before. And you may have to do some re-pinning at the connectors too. You also have to swap seat belt buckles too.
Pm’ed the email thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Do you happen to still have the diagrams? I have a mk5, but I'm looking into swapping out the seats for my Jetta to CC.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Do you happen to still have the diagrams? I have a mk5, but I'm looking into swapping out the seats for my Jetta to CC.
Yes, I still have access to all wiring diagrams. Do understand that year of current car’s & donor car’s year and features are important.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts