VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone jump on the 0% interest for 72 months on the 2013 CC? Rare to see 0% on 72 months. Usually 60 months at the most. I'm tempted to trade my '10 CC (32k miles) in on a '13 CC.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yup!!!

I did it for my 2012! It was awesome, when i included my trade ($2000.00) i was able to get an extended warranty (100,000 mile wrap) and stay under my overall goal. man interest is a killer.

My last car was a 2006 toyota solara (which i got new and it was paid off at the time of trade) and my note on this car (a good $10,000 more expensive) is actually a good bit less a month than my toyota! go figure.

·
Registered
259 Posts
As in all things in life, there is a catch. I read somewhere that VW is in it to make money, not lose it. Since it costs them money to offer 0% (someone has to pay for the risk in lending you $30K, right?), they simply take it out of your other pocket in some other way. Either you will not get the other incentives you would normally get if you didn't take the 0% finance deal, or you are forced to buy a model that is not selling well. In any event, all amazing looking deals are not so nice when you dig a little deeper.

Now, if you could get a whopper of a sales price on the car AND 0% for 72... that would be a deal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did it, 13 cc sport 6-speed with spoiler and mat.

$4k down, $390/mon, 72 mon, 0%.

like the headlights, shifter knob, tail light, upgrading to Diesel Geek short shifter this week, stock shifter is sweet but very long throw and a little vague.

This is what I have:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As in all things in life, there is a catch. I read somewhere that VW is in it to make money, not lose it. Since it costs them money to offer 0% (someone has to pay for the risk in lending you $30K, right?), they simply take it out of your other pocket in some other way. Either you will not get the other incentives you would normally get if you didn't take the 0% finance deal, or you are forced to buy a model that is not selling well. In any event, all amazing looking deals are not so nice when you dig a little deeper.

Now, if you could get a whopper of a sales price on the car AND 0% for 72... that would be a deal.
I agree. Not sure why they are offering 0% on the 2013 CC's. I could see it more on the 2012's than the 2013's. There are no other incentives if you don't take the 0%. I don't see why you couldn't negotiate a price (not mentioning you want 0%) and then say you want 0% financing. You'd be stupid not to take it if you are going to pay the same price even if you had the cash on hand. Invest it and get some return.

They do charge you $13.89 per $1,000.00 financed. $416.70 on $30k so you're not getting away free. If you had $30k in cash you could make $300.00 a year ($1,800.00 in 6 years) at 1% interest so you would still be better off taking the VW financing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did it, 13 cc sport 6-speed with spoiler and mat.

$4k down, $390/mon, 72 mon, 0%.
hmmm...$390*72 + $4k = $32,080...that's approx $1.7k over invoice and more than msrp. is that really a good deal?

0% for 72 months sounds great, but seems like you could do better working a price closer to invoice then using something like a home-equity line of credit (if applicable) which are very low right now. am i looking at this wrong?

not trying to rain on your parade just trying to learn more about 0% financing, as i've been curious about it for a while now.

btw, absolutely love that island-grey/two-tone interior/6mt combo - great choice! if i went for a cc, that's probably the exact combo i'd want. best of luck w/it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm...$390*72 + $4k = $32,080...that's approx $1.7k over invoice and more than msrp. is that really a good deal?

0% for 72 months sounds great, but seems like you could do better working a price closer to invoice then using something like a home-equity line of credit (if applicable) which are very low right now. am i looking at this wrong?

not trying to rain on your parade just trying to learn more about 0% financing, as i've been curious about it for a while now.

btw, absolutely love that island-grey/two-tone interior/6mt combo - great choice! if i went for a cc, that's probably the exact combo i'd want. best of luck w/it!
Like I said earlier, couldn't you just negotiate a price saying that you are going to pay in cash and then "decide" to go for the 0% instead? The dealer is going to look pretty bad if they try to jack up the price on you after you change your mind to finance.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Do you forget tax & registration & dealer fee???

The car I bought MSRP $32,170 ($750 for spoiler and mat which I didn't want, but it comes with them), purchase price $29,825 so that's 1.3k below MSRP. I don't see the $1.7k over invoice here. The best 0% deal I've seen around PA was about $29.3k without any options, but not my color. If you lease I've seen price around $27-$27.5k.

plus tax, title, dealer fee $129, extended warranty $399.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Anyone jump on the 0% interest for 72 months on the 2013 CC? Rare to see 0% on 72 months. Usually 60 months at the most. I'm tempted to trade my '10 CC (32k miles) in on a '13 CC.

Thoughts?
It is always good to borrow money without interest charges but........................................

as has already been noted, this is assuming you got a killer of a deal. In other words, did you end up purchasing the car at a very discounted rate?

When I purchased my 09 Eos, brand new, I got a fantastic deal plus a 0% interest rate. It is fun watching the principal of my loan diminish at the same rate as my monthly payment. However, because I bought the Eos at a very low price, my balance is keeping up with the actual value of the car.

Remember, there are times when it is viable to use someone else's money, just as long as the front end of the deal was in your favor.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think we can all agree, that color is the s#it . Perfect match for the '13. Good job.

I suggest an extended VW warranty. A 'near' bumper-to-bumper excusionary (aka Platinum plan) is well worth it, imo, and fully transferable to the next owner. Here is what I was quoted in 4/2011 (prices may haver gone up):

VW Drive Easy Platinum VW64
months / miles / deductible / price / down pmt / pmt x 18 months
48 mo./60,000 mi./$0/$1,494/112/75

48 mo./100,000/$0/$2,116/159/106

60 mo./60,000/$0/$1,598/120/80
60 mo./75,000/$0/$1,755/132/88
60 mo./100,000/$0/$2,232/167/112

72 mo./60,000/$0/$1,638/123/82
72 mo./72,000/$0/$1,835/138/92

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks CCLarry, the dealer quoted me a 6year warranty for similar amount $1.5k, but it's a 3rd-party vendor and $50 deductible, so I didn't make the purchase right away, I'm researching this guy http://www.volkswagenextendedwarranty.com/ for a 60 mon warranty.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is always good to borrow money without interest charges but........................................

as has already been noted, this is assuming you got a killer of a deal. In other words, did you end up purchasing the car at a very discounted rate?

When I purchased my 09 Eos, brand new, I got a fantastic deal plus a 0% interest rate. It is fun watching the principal of my loan diminish at the same rate as my monthly payment. However, because I bought the Eos at a very low price, my balance is keeping up with the actual value of the car.

Remember, there are times when it is viable to use someone else's money, just as long as the front end of the deal was in your favor.

I know what you are saying. They may offer some rebates soon but not likely with 0% so it's a pick your poison kind of thing. If you have a majority of the money in cash, you'd be better off with the rebate.

I bought an 09' Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Sport Crew Cab back in 2009 when Chrysler was doing very poorly. With rebates and employee pricing, I got the truck for about 32k (41k MSRP) plus tax. I also got 48 mo 0% financing with it. I don't think I'll see anything like that again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Been looking at the CC for a while. Torn between the 12 and 13. The middle seat made the difference(kids). I was just quoted $31,042.80 OTD with the 0.0%APR. This is for the Reflex Silver Sport Plus. Is this a good deal? Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I know what you are saying. They may offer some rebates soon but not likely with 0% so it's a pick your poison kind of thing. If you have a majority of the money in cash, you'd be better off with the rebate.

I bought an 09' Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Sport Crew Cab back in 2009 when Chrysler was doing very poorly. With rebates and employee pricing, I got the truck for about 32k (41k MSRP) plus tax. I also got 48 mo 0% financing with it. I don't think I'll see anything like that again.
Yes, VW doesn't offer great factory incentives very often.

As I said, my Eos was 0% financing but there were no cash rebates at that time. The zero interest was all they were offering.

A few weeks prior to purchasing my Eos, I purchased my new, 09 CC. The 2010 models had already come out.

VW was offering a $5,000 cash back incentive on the VR6 Sport and the dealer knocked $5,000 off, for a total of ten grand off the sticker. There was no other incentive offered other than the above. I had to bite.

There haven't been too many good cash incentives since then but the Zero interest is definitely a good one for those with little money to put down, like you said.

If the dealer is offering a good discount and you can get zero percent interest, it should ge a go.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Been looking at the CC for a while. Torn between the 12 and 13. The middle seat made the difference(kids). I was just quoted $31,042.80 OTD with the 0.0%APR. This is for the Reflex Silver Sport Plus. Is this a good deal? Thanks guys
Depends what state are you in. Remove tax by dividing by / 1.(taxrate). Since FL is 6%, 31,000/1.06 = 29,245. Then, compare that number to www.truecar.com with your location. That will give you an accurate account of what others around you have been paying.

I got $32,137 average paid (plus tax) for my zip, so that would be a great deal around here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Depends what state are you in. Remove tax by dividing by / 1.(taxrate). Since FL is 6%, 31,000/1.06 = 29,245. Then, compare that number to www.truecar.com with your location. That will give you an accurate account of what others around you have been paying.

I got $32,137 average paid (plus tax) for my zip, so that would be a great deal around here.
What do you think?
$29,798 is before all the ish. Car in Md, but I live in VA(tax 3%). Here is the breakdown from the sales rep.
$29,798.00
89.25 - VA tag+title
899.91 - VA tax
199.00 - Process fee
$30,986.16 - Total

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
How is over $4k below msrp not a good price? Mine was $32,170 and I paid $29,850. You beat me by $2,000! I think it's great.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.