VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 00 jetta that has monsoon single DIN and no changer... last night I was digging through my trunk and noticed a little plug to the side where the changer would go in...
Anyways, my question is can I get a used changer and just plug it in there? Or what do I have to do to get a changer to work in my car?
Sorry, I did search and couldn't find the exact answer I'm looking for, and I'm not big on car stereo but do want to play some CD's... anyways, thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: CD changer, monsoon... (Nightrider)

I installed a cd changer in my 2001 Cabrio. Most vw's have the wires already in the trunck. Sounds like you have them too. All I did was plug in the changer and ground one wire as I remember and that was it. I bought the OEM changer at the dealer. From what I understand you can buy a Panasonic changer but you need to buy a adapter. Or you can of course buy a used one out of another car. The trick to that is apparently you need to take it in to set the computer so the changer code and radio code match. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts