VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have the Aiwa CDC-MP32?
I have this unit and when I play a CD-RW (with MP3s), it is skipping a lot. I'm using Verbatims and for regular CDs, they've always worked great. I'm wondering if it's just because they're CD-RWs that they're so bad.
Regular CDs and CD-Rs seem to be working fine.
Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Re: CD-R and CD-RW MP3 decks... (Ginster Gibbster)

Are your Verbatims blue underneath? Some decks have issues reading blue tint material and most Verbatim CD-Rs have a blue underside. Just keep in mind, the more reflective the undercoating is on a CD-R/CD-RW the more likely it can be read reliably by any unit (PC/Car/etc).

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Re: CD-R and CD-RW MP3 decks... (Perfekt)

i had the aiwa mp32 and swapped it out for my older kenwood deck, it skipped too much and looked like ish in the car. the sound quality is much better w/ the kenwood too

·
Registered
472 Posts
Re: CD-R and CD-RW MP3 decks... (vento8valve)

Im sorry to say, but that AIWA deck is crap. My GF had it and all it ever did was skip and overheat. Get a new unit! I had the JVC-SH99 in my S2000 and it was great. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Re: CD-R and CD-RW MP3 decks... (Ginster Gibbster)

i agree with the quality of the deck. i kow that it is pretty cost effective, but you get what you pay for. i have the alpine 7878 and have absolutely no probs what so ever. also you can try using sony blanks. that is all i use and have never had any probs as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts