VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 Jetta, and I have an Aiwa CD Reciever from my previous car. I installed it in my Jetta, and it is too long! It sticks out of the dash like half an inch? Is there any type of installation kit that will make it not look so bad? You can see like a centimeter of sivler metal on the sides and top of the reciever!! G-H-E-T-T-O!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Re: CD Reciever too long... What can I do? (blackvwjetta4me)

Don't use the cage that comes with the head unit. Isomount the unit in the factory plastic cage. You may need to drill new holes into the sides of the cage, but you can recess/flush the headunit as much/little as you want. HTH.

·
Registered
21,868 Posts
Re: CD Reciever too long... What can I do? (ALPHAQGTI)

I've never seen the need to isomount in a mk3 before? Are you sure you've tucked the wires underneath the unit enough? Maybe you do.. I just never seen the need!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Re: CD Reciever too long... What can I do? (LostBoyScout)

quote:[HR][/HR]I've never seen the need to isomount in a mk3 before? Are you sure you've tucked the wires underneath the unit enough? Maybe you do.. I just never seen the need![HR][/HR]​
Generally there is no need to isomount, but some of the newer/more high tech HUs tend to stick out (especially the in-dash screens). I recessed my Alpine screen because the thing was sticking out about ½" from the rest of the dash - looks very bad. Now the leading edge of the HU is flush with the rest of the dash.
Isomount means to use the screws that go into the side of the HU instead of the supplied cage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts