VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed my OEM 6 disc (after having my Kenwood unit so kindly stolen), and now the damn thing doesn't work. I popped in 2-3 CDs, which flat out didn't work. I suspect a problem in the way I configured the mp3 files, but that's another story.
I finally tried a plain ol' CD, and it worked for 4-5 min or so. After that, it kicked out to a CDC HARDWARE ERROR and exited to the radio. I popped in a few more CDs, same deal. I tried switching them around... same deal.
Has anyone had this problem? If it makes any difference, I have the OEM ipod adapter hooked up in place of the Satellite connection. I've been told this works as it's basically just an input.

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Re: CDC HARDWARE ERROR: WTF? (Slipstream)

Sounds like you have to warranty the unit. You might be able to scan with VAG COM to see if it mentions anything. CD changer hardware error would lead me to believe it's something with the mechanism.

·
Premium Member
11,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: CDC HARDWARE ERROR: WTF? (silverA4quattro)

No, but the Premium 7 head unit didn't come in the 2 door Rabbit. I went in yesterday to get the code for it after explaining that I bought it from a friend who lost his security code.

·
Premium Member
11,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: CDC HARDWARE ERROR: WTF? (silverA4quattro)

Yeah, I'm wondering if something isn't configured properly. It did play a few CDs for a few minutes, and it'll eject/accept CDs all day long. If not, I'm screwed.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Re: CDC HARDWARE ERROR: WTF? (Slipstream)

Ummmm Go to a different Dealer and Play Dumb

·
Premium Member
11,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: CDC HARDWARE ERROR: WTF? (VW Stripper)

Quote, originally posted by VW Stripper »
Slipstream: any updated info on this error? I have a unit with the same malfunction. Won't accept or eject CD's.

I wasn't able to get it fixed... I returned the head unit to the guy I bought it from and bought another one. So far *knocks on desk* the new one works like a champ. The first seller claims he got it back, plugged it in, and it worked just fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: CDC HARDWARE ERROR: WTF? (Franky 4 Fingers)

well if you or anyone manages to find out what causes this error or has successfully fixed the problem, be sure and post it. so far it seems that the only way to fix it is to replace the whole unit...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.