VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is a timeline of the progress I've made so far. Ill update it every once and a while when I make more changes.
Things moved slow for me since I'm in college and I can't spend every cent on this car.

2012 Jetta SE with bluetooth and drum brakes :screwy:
33k on the odo

Modifications / Upgrades as of 4/6/2016

Interior
OE RCD510 headunit
OE GLI interior trim
OE LED full interior / plate lights
OE flatbottom steering wheel
BFI heavyweight shift knob

Exterior
OE Votex front lip / side skirts / rear valence
OE roof base bars
OE exterior window trim
OE hybrid grill
OE European headlight / foglight switch and wiring
Hella foglight lenses
Xenon / LED projector headlights (HID 4300k)
ECS trunk spoiler
35% window tint

Suspension
OE GLI rear end with supporting brake cables
Airlift V2 management (1/4" lines)
Airlift 5 gallon skinny tank
VIAIR 444c compressor
Airlift slams (front)
Airlift SS5 (rear)
Swoops camber plates (front)

Wheels
Triple stepped OZ Futuras from SpinTech
5x112
18x9 et26
18x10 et26
205/40/18
215/40/18

Exhaust
Resonater and muffler delete (Straight piped from cat)

Bought it summer of 2013.

as of 6.17.16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I borrowed my buddies Huffs from his mk5 gti because the 16 inch sedonas are way to small for mk6's

Got the windows tinted around this time.
Not too long after I ordered an RCD 510 just because it was a cheap upgrade. To this day one of my favorite modifications.

After that I got all OEM LED interior and plate lights.
Also swapped my black plastic trim to brushed aluminum trim.

Picked up a Rline front bumper and some OZ Operas but then soon decided I didn't want either so I sold them both lol

Finally got around to bagging it in the winter. My friend did the install and hooked me up with some good deals on parts.
Airlift V2 management
5 gallon skinny tank
444c compressor
1/4" lines
Airlift slams up front and the twist beam kit in the rear

My friend from school had some audi flat fives so I bought them from him and loved how they looked on the car.

After that I found a guy on the forum who wanted to trade my black window trim and grills for his chrome.
Picked up some LED DRL's too.

Straight piped from my cat. Was also test fitting my friends wheels.

FreshMintz vag com'd the windows for me

Picked up a GLI rear end setup and all the necessary bolts and brake lines.
Car drove so much smoother, also swapped in new double bellow SS5 bags.

Picked up three piece Starform Type D wheels from a guy in Milwaukee
5x114.3
17x8 et35 tires: 205/45
17x9et35 tires: 215/45

That's about it for now. Still have a lot of plans for this car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
****ing. Yes! :beer: :beer: :beer: Love the progress man. So beaut.

What bag set up would you recommend for stance? I hear a lot of debate about the different rear bags and what not, because I'm going to be bagging mine soon and am looking for options.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
****ing. Yes! :beer: :beer: :beer: Love the progress man. So beaut.

What bag set up would you recommend for stance? I hear a lot of debate about the different rear bags and what not, because I'm going to be bagging mine soon and am looking for options.
pm'd ya

·
Registered
971 Posts
It's about time u made this good choice on keeping stock bumper. R line is over the top IMO. Very classy look. This is a car done right

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So for the past week my car hasn't been running 100% I blew a couple fuses last week then after it stopped blowing fuses the tank seemed to leak out. Ordered a new SMC check valve from bagriders and installed it and my tank still seemed to leak. After I sprayed down a few spots with soapy water, I saw the line that the water trap and check valve was on was leaking some air so i drained the tank and re-cut the line and stuck it back in. Tank isn't leaking air anymore :thumbup: will get back with more info if stuff goes wrong :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where did your get your IRS? And how easy/difficult it is? I wanna do this so badly

I got it from a junkyard. If they keep it all together in one piece (2 sides and k frame) its really easy. You will just need 2 more subframe bolts and flatten or reroute your exhaust past the axle

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.