VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , need a bit of help. I am in the process of swapping a TDI into my 93 passat wagon. As I was running wire to the relay box I noticed a loose wire , terminal still connected. The wire goes to the Anti Theft Module , it is Red/green , one of the 2 larger gauge wires coming from the module. On the module side this is one of the wires used to disable the alarm , by splicing the Red/Black and Red/Green together. Red/black should run out to the starter . Question where does the Red/Green go?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
If the TDI is from a A3/B4 car, I don’t recall a red/green wire, for the starter. When I’ve removed the factory alarm box, all I’ve ever done was add a jumper between the 2 fat wires in the 6 pin harness plug. Nothing gets done with the other harness plug.

-Todd

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply , yes the alarm and starter wire are not part of the TDI swap , they are from the car that the tdi is going into , 94 B3 VR6 . The Red/green wire runs from the alarm module to the relay box , which was accidentally pulled out of a connector ( F connector maybe ?) , most VW in that era with similar wiring do not use the Red/Green wire , but I believe the routing is the same just red or red/something else . I need to find a wire diagram that shows the wire running from the module to the back of the relay box.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.