VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Re: cel for runnign rich ? (HiTdAtSiT)

Quote, originally posted by HiTdAtSiT »
will the vr engine obd2 quickly set off a cel if its running rich in any way ?

If the ECU notices a non-regulated rich condition from the O2 sensor, the ECU will show a CEL.
Think you're running to rich? Check your plugs and your O2 sensor for a thick black soot.
- Erik

·
Registered
592 Posts
Re: cel for runnign rich ? (bluefox280)

Quote, originally posted by bluefox280 »

If the ECU notices a non-regulated rich condition from the O2 sensor, the ECU will show a CEL.
Think you're running to rich? Check your plugs and your O2 sensor for a thick black soot.
- Erik

Not necessarily, I've been running rich intermittently for a year now, and the fuggin CEL wont turn on, but it will store a DTC.
And that DTC is "Sporadic Low Voltage to Mass Air Flow Sensor"
My mass air flow sensor is good, and if you read one of my million posts you'll know what I've been through.
I think it may be a significant hole in my downpipe, throwing off the o2 sensor, or something like that.
The car runs in/out of limp mode I suspect.
Then again it could be a bad wire somewhere.
I don't know, I've been investigating for a year now and I still haven't found the problem.
I'll stop hijacking the thread, but IM me if you have an idea... I'm sure it will help alot of people http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.