VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lurking for a bit, took the plunge about 3 weeks ago and bought a new 21 Premium in white.

Need a little help, when the car is started, after a few moments the center dash display always reverts to the navigation map.
I use WAZE and never use the native navigation.
Looking to set the default to the digital speedo. I do have an OBD11 tuner if that is needed.
Help appreciated!

·
Registered
2021 Volkswagen Arteon SEL Premium R
13 Posts
There is a setting I believe under screen that allows you to check the box to return to Home Screen. I’ll look where it is later tonight and post it for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gave it a go and no luck. Is this the default screen for other owners vehicles as well?
The reason I ask is that I did do some OBDEleven coding to remove lock outs on menus when in motion.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
In the 2019 model, the center dash display stays where you left it when restarting the car, why cant VW just leave well enough alone, they made it much more complicated than it has to be, I guess that is German engineering for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems strange, I'm thinking there's something I'm missing.
The car starts off in the last display I left it on, then changes over to the NAV center display after about 30 seconds.
I have no destination programmed into the nav so it' not like it's continuing on to a destination.

·
Registered
16,769 Posts
Yup...mine did that too and I didn't know how to change it either. It was annoying (combined with the slow bootup of the nav too) 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, looks like I got this sorted. Not sure if anyone else is bothered by this, but here's what I found.

If I go to the main navigation screen on the infotainment unit and change from the map view to the view showing the graphic with favorites (small arrows on bottom of screen toggle this view) I can get rid of the map display in the center instrument display.
When changing to this display on the nav screen, it toggles the center instrument display to show a compass instead of map. The center instrument display then remains at the last screen in use. It does not default to the compass as it did with the navigation map.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts