VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21911 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Seems like we've gotten lost somewhere in the mix. Anybody out there from Bloomington/Normal, Champaign/Urbana, Decatur, Jacksonville, Lincoln, Peoria, or Springfield?

- Matthew
(my ride.)

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Central Illinois Dubbers (Chico)

Now we just need to get an inside man at the dealerships. Each time I go in, I feel quilty for asking for parts. I guess I always thought that if there was one guy that would understand enthusiasts, it would be the parts guy.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
There seems to be quite a few vw's around in springfield i just dont think there on the vortex because i have seen a handful of somewhat modded gti's im just curious if they just bought the cars used from somewhere
Id also like to think that there are alot more out there than just use 2 im sure if we keep it going more will come

Modified by xDADEx at 12:21 PM 2-13-2008

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Re: Central Illinois Dubbers (Chalm)

Here is a pic from last summer:

I have yet to see another 337 in this area. I did see one 20th AE in town last winter, but that's it.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What's up guys? Glad to see this thread has some potential!
Good to hear the service guy at Green is down with the enthusiasts. I wish the rest of the VW folks were...
At least the salesmen are cool enough to let me come in every few months and test drive the MkV Gti's. I think I scared one of them when I pushed it over 100 between Wabash and Veteran's.

^^ Are those 'Smoked Ecodes' ?

Modified by fuquar at 9:52 PM 2-13-2008

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
LOL yeah the guys at Green are pretty cool about letting people test drive... i test drove a rabbit and a Mini cooper S up there and back in the summer they had this sick MKIV up there that i wanted to trade in for it was red man this thing was definitely owned by an enthusiest... when i asked what they traded it for they said a dodge i cried.... i almost bought it but payments for 72 months at 401 just didnt seem right

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Re: Central Illinois Dubbers (Chalm)

Quote, originally posted by Chalm »
Looks good. Those Hids?

No, just Helix projectors w/ angel eyes. Someday I would like to get a HID drop-in kit though.

1 - 20 of 21911 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.