VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21861 - 21880 of 21911 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
First VW looking for a support group!

2002 Passat 1.8t manual with 58,000 one owner miles. I just bought this guy last week and love it! I have been researching maintenance items and having a few people near by to share advice/stories with would be very helpful. I changed coolant temp. Sensor last night and this weekend will do t-stat and oil change (dealer changed it and did not use vw approved). Next is pcv system as i have noticed some (very little) oil on the block. After that maybe some performance upgrades. If you are in central IL and what like to chat let me know. Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First VW looking for a support group!

2002 Passat 1.8t manual with 58,000 one owner miles. I just bought this guy last week and love it! I have been researching maintenance items and having a few people near by to share advice/stories with would be very helpful. I changed coolant temp. Sensor last night and this weekend will do t-stat and oil change (dealer changed it and did not use vw approved). Next is pcv system as i have noticed some (very little) oil on the block. After that maybe some performance upgrades. If you are in central IL and what like to chat let me know. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Any get together a planned for the spring?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bloomington is still planning to hold the VAGTHAW BBQ at Maxwell park again. We were hoping Springfield would pick up the torch, but maybe they can do a summertime event instead this year. Check the FB page if you awnt more news on events as most people don't post here anymore.

VAGTHAW is still TBD, but propbably April 26th 11-4 or so.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Good morning Central Illinois guys (and gals). Sorry for the spam but wanted to pass this along.

Just wondering if you all had heard about a show we're putting on in the Rockford area on Saturday, May 30th. Passing along the invite if you're interested. We have a hotel deal set up at a nearby Holiday Inn Express and there will be an after party at a local family-owned eatery with an awesome beer selection.

To preregister visit: www.vapordubs.com/euroslam

Check out the post here on the vortex too: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7119278-European-Show-amp-Go-May-30-2015

21861 - 21880 of 21911 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.