VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in central texas not to far from temple. I am willing to drive to Austin or n the DFW area to buy my new car. Does anyone have any dealer recommendations as far as dealers go in these areas?
Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: Central Texas dealer opinions? (scriptopia)

They all pretty good in Dallas save Central VW. There salesmen are snooty but they have an awesome service dept. In Austin I've heard pretty much the same. I go to Austin a lot and dont see too mant VW dealers there so I can't really help there

·
Registered
218 Posts
Re: Central Texas dealer opinions? (Morpho)

I bought my Golf at Park Cities VW in Dallas and found them very good to deal with.
That said, their service department sucks. At my 20K service they didn't do anything
except change the oil, even after I left a hard copy of the required service on the
seat and mentioned the items to the service manager. They didn't change out the
fuel filter (at first they told me that it didn't need it!), and they didn't rotate the
tires, lube the door/hatch hinges, etc. I also requested a headlight adjustment and
the result was that low flying airplanes were flashing their landing lights at me.
I had to bring the car back the next day for them to finish the work (and they still
didn't do everything). Got a free set of rear splash guards out of the deal because
I raised a stink, but I'm not going to take my car back there again. Too bad too,
because they are building a new dealer in Lewisville, which is MUCH closer to my
house.
The only other DFW dealer I've had experience with is Metro VW in Irving. It seems
that everything was ok there, but I didn't mark any of the old parts before going in,
so who knows for sure.
Jeff (50.3K miles since 5/1/01 and climbing!)

[Modified by K5ING, 2:39 PM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
466 Posts
Re: Central Texas dealer opinions? (K5ING)

I bought mine from metro and I hear that they are good for service, except they are always busy. The VW Store on 75 and belt line I think has a excellent service reputation from what I hear. As for buying a car I don't think it really matters as long as everything with the car is ok and you get a good price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.