VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alex recently stopped by our shop to get his wheels coated. His main concern was the polish on the lips and keeping the wheels clean. Ceramic Pro protects from oxidation and UV rays. Also protects from light scratches and makes it easier to clean due to the hydrophobic properties. Check out the photos of the coating process!

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Soooooooooo you show water running over the lip of a wheel....and you expect us to be impressed?

What are you comparing here? There is no before and after videos, no side by side's, no before and after pictures even to show us that this doesn't dull the finish or that it shines it right up, no evidence to promote that it last an extended period of time. Heck it doesn't even tell us what product you are even promoting, where you can buy it, or anything about it.

Please learn how to properly advertise, this is killing you guys. :facepalm:

·
Banned
12 Posts
Soooooooooo you show water running over the lip of a wheel....and you expect us to be impressed?

What are you comparing here? There is no before and after videos, no side by side's, no before and after pictures even to show us that this doesn't dull the finish or that it shines it right up, no evidence to promote that it last an extended period of time. Heck it doesn't even tell us what product you are even promoting, where you can buy it, or anything about it.

I believe they were just showing the process. I'm sure once the wheel s get driven they can show how it cleans up. I have both sets of my adv1's done and brake dust rinses out clean with the touch less. Not to mention rubber and tar from track use doesn't stick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

We were showing the coating process. As it take a couple of hours to cure. We have videos of the effect on a different wheel, we can share those with you. When ever the guy comes back to the shop, I'll be sure to get a video of them being cleaned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Just a few questions for you guys as I haven't seen much information on your product:
1. How long does this last?
2. If I have to polish my lips, will this act as a barrier and prevent me from doing so?
3. Do you have to dry the wheels afterwards to prevent water spots?
4. Is this something I can apply on my own, or do I have to send you my wheels? If so, where are you located?
5. Does it wear down quicker if wiped down frequently? (I ask b/c of brake dust)
6. Can/should you wax over the top of it?
7. Does it have a required delay time after it's applied before you can apply wax?
8. What is the cost?

My Futura's:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Just a few questions for you guys as I haven't seen much information on your product:
1. How long does this last?
2. If I have to polish my lips, will this act as a barrier and prevent me from doing so?
3. Do you have to dry the wheels afterwards to prevent water spots?
4. Is this something I can apply on my own, or do I have to send you my wheels? If so, where are you located?
5. Does it wear down quicker if wiped down frequently? (I ask b/c of brake dust)
6. Can/should you wax over the top of it?
7. Does it have a required delay time after it's applied before you can apply wax?
8. What is the cost?

My Futura's:
1. The coating if applied correctly should last the lifetime of the wheel, especially as I don't think you'll be running them in winter so given few months out of the year that they will be sitting.
2. Yes it will. Once applied there is no more polishing
3. We always suggest using a very soft microfiber or air to dry.
4. Certified installers must apply it as it can be screwed up very easily if don't incorrectly.
5. The idea behind it is to prevent anything from sticking to the coating/ surface, allowing you to use simple cleaning procedures like just rinsing with water. This in turn allows you to physically touch the wheel less, allowing the finish to stay pristine. But no it will not. just don't use sandpaper lol.
6. Nope, wax is oily and will not protect as well as the coating and will give drag to the surface coated.
7. there is a cure time after the coating is applied to harden it but after that all you do is put them on the car and enjoy!
8. My shop charges $125 a set, $65 per set of lips. I'm not sure about your area but I assume local installers are in the same range.

Hope this helps, and awesome wheels man!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

Well, seeing how these wheels cost more than most cars you see on the road I'd say that a before and after of the finish wouldn't really be available. This is to show the hydrophobic properties, and as you can see these wheels have many small crevices for brake dust and iron deposits to sit and dwell and eventually etch into the finish. So this customer is thinking longterm on trying to protect his enormous investment into these custom wheels.

Ceramic Pro Wheel and Caliper was used, and you must contact your local installer to have it applied. Hope that answers your question.

Stay tuned as I'm sure you'll se some before and afters. :pumpkin:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
1. The coating if applied correctly should last the lifetime of the wheel, especially as I don't think you'll be running them in winter so given few months out of the year that they will be sitting.
2. Yes it will. Once applied there is no more polishing
3. We always suggest using a very soft microfiber or air to dry.
4. Certified installers must apply it as it can be screwed up very easily if don't incorrectly.
5. The idea behind it is to prevent anything from sticking to the coating/ surface, allowing you to use simple cleaning procedures like just rinsing with water. This in turn allows you to physically touch the wheel less, allowing the finish to stay pristine. But no it will not. just don't use sandpaper lol.
6. Nope, wax is oily and will not protect as well as the coating and will give drag to the surface coated.
7. there is a cure time after the coating is applied to harden it but after that all you do is put them on the car and enjoy!
8. My shop charges $125 a set, $65 per set of lips. I'm not sure about your area but I assume local installers are in the same range.

Hope this helps, and awesome wheels man!
Well this sounds fantastic!

I've got a set of RS's I'm in the process of buttoning up, and am already dreading keeping them clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts