VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Gents,
Haven't been a huge forum guy but i'm interested in meeting some other like minded RS4 owners.
She has had lots of $$ and time put into her. With only 7k miles on the frame, its pretty pristine. I have Ceramic Pro'd the entire
surface for hardening of the paint to minimize scratches and keep her looking show ready at any give time.
Under the hood is a brand new upgraded heart. Upgraded pistons and rods as well as some artistic head work. Forced induction with a JHM supercharger and running methanol with a custom tune by Mikey Botti from CB Tuning. She breathes with a milltek catless system w/valve option for when I need to get groceries. With the Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch i'm able to navigate through gears better than an automatic :) She currently is sitting on ADV1 wheels, custom made to match the Audi Exclusive interior, which are wrapped in Michelin Pilot 2's. I lowered it to clean the wheel gap with BC racing adjustable coil-overs. Its going on the dyno this week so DPOD is going to take some video and photos that I can share.
The pics I have now are amateur so bear with me. Photoshoot coming soon. I don't have pics of it lowered yet so ignore the wheel gap.
What's everyone else running??

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

·
Registered
12 Posts
This 2007 RS4 also had Ceramic Pro installed. The coating really made the metallic flake pop like crazy in the sun. And the amount of depth is unbelievable. Pictures do it no justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
What mods are you running with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I purchased the car last june and have only tackled standard maintenance issues, brake light switch, clutch switch, fuel filter, snub mount, shorted power wire for window motor in the rubber sleeve between door and jam, tires, etc. My only "mods" thus far are LED reverse and license plate lights, and pipercross air filter. I plan on lowering the car once it warms up with a cup kit and buying a flush fit spacer kit to eat all the wheel gap I can. Also will be upgrading the clutch at some point with a lightweight flywheel, not sure how much life ill get out of it (car has done the robot jerk a few times punching through first into second).

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This 2007 RS4 also had Ceramic Pro installed. The coating really made the metallic flake pop like crazy in the sun. And the amount of depth is unbelievable. Pictures do it no justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow AJ. Great pics. I love this stuff. We are doing wind tunnel testing to see how it lowers drag!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Music to my ears. What other performance mods are done. Just curious what mine will pull on the dyno. The methanol is a bit of cheating ☺

Just the blower, exhaust, clutch/LWFW, wheels, suspension and sway bar. This is a year-round daily driver with the motor up to 50,000 miles on the blower with no failures-only maintenance needed has been the accessories-pulley replacement, oil cooler lines, oil and filter changes....

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I purchased the car last june and have only tackled standard maintenance issues, brake light switch, clutch switch, fuel filter, snub mount, shorted power wire for window motor in the rubber sleeve between door and jam, tires, etc. My only "mods" thus far are LED reverse and license plate lights, and pipercross air filter. I plan on lowering the car once it warms up with a cup kit and buying a flush fit spacer kit to eat all the wheel gap I can. Also will be upgrading the clutch at some point with a lightweight flywheel, not sure how much life ill get out of it (car has done the robot jerk a few times punching through first into second).
How many miles are on it

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just the blower, exhaust, clutch/LWFW, wheels, suspension and sway bar. This is a year-round daily driver with the motor up to 50,000 miles on the blower with no failures-only maintenance needed has been the accessories-pulley replacement, oil cooler lines, oil and filter changes....
This is why I didn't go the turbo route. Blower is more reliable

1 - 20 of 26 Posts