VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hoping this is the correct place to post up about ceramics.

Im in the market for a new ceramic wheel and Id like some reviews if anyone out there has one ??

Variable speed with a pedal is what Im used to but I would even consider a kick style wheel just because it might be more fun !?

Ideas ?? throw them at me !!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used a brent wheel before and it worked fine. I would look for something used (didn't realize wheels are so expensive! :eek:). My professor used a kick wheel but she was obviously experienced. I would start with an electric model so you can focus more on your hands and your technique and not your feet as much.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a brent wheel before and it worked fine. I would look for something used (didn't realize wheels are so expensive! :eek:). My professor used a kick wheel but she was obviously experienced. I would start with an electric model so you can focus more on your hands and your technique and not your feet as much.
I have quite a bit of experience.. I just dont have a wheel and want to get back into it... youre right though, without experience, a kicker would be tough !

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jesus, I dont even remember posting this :laugh:

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the best pottery wheel to buy in your opinion?
Shimpo or Brent for beginners , once you know what you want to throw then you can level up from there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts