VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i have searched and searched and searched, and i cannot find any record for the numbers. I kno ive seen Duandcc post "only 867" built, but i dont kno where to find it at. Also, if these were the last run of the cgt's, wouldnt our VINs tell us something too? thanx
-Greg

·
Registered
22,319 Posts
Re: CGT SB numbers (Strictly Gravy)

Not 867 built, but 867 sold in USA. Thats quite a difference.
This page shows that there were built 1810 Coupes with the 2.3 engine in total, 5 in 1986 and 1805 in 1987. This total number is including quattros, but it doesnt show how many of the total 1810 were quattros, nor does it show how many 2.3s were imported to USA. And as we all know, no Coupe quattros were sold in USA, either with the 2.2 or 2.3 engines.
My car is one of the 2142 quattros built in 1986, this chart follows the calendar year, not the model year, export means how many cars were sold outside Germany, not how many were shipped overseas.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: CGT SB numbers (PerL)

i know about the sent to thing, my mistake.

thx for your help tho....
how about VINs tho?

·
Banned
19,334 Posts
Re: CGT SB numbers (Strictly Gravy)

Just as an FYI, the last 4 digits of your VIN are the serial number (shows what # in the production your car is). Mine was #3722 for the model year 1987...but that doesn't help me figure out how far into the production run of the SB it was. It would be great if we could find out the serial number of the first SB and the last...

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: CGT SB numbers (duandcc)

well, since i am out of a job for another week or so, i will email, call, and all around hassle Audi of America http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
does anyone have an email address i can send it to? ill be looking, but if someone has something, ill gladly take it

·
Registered
22,319 Posts

Quote, originally posted by duandcc »
It would be great if we could find out the serial number of the first SB and the last...

It would be great if they made all the 2.3s in a batch, but I believe Audi didnt. I guess they came off the line along 2.2s and 1.8s and then mixing the VINs in no particular order. The only way would be to find the complete listings of all 1987 VINs and look them up there, but those things may only be found in Ingolstadt, at best.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts

Quote, originally posted by duandcc »
Just as an FYI, the last 4 digits of your VIN are the serial number

Make that the last 6 numbers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts