VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The girlfriend just got an e-golf and the first thing I noticed was that her head unit has blue styling (versus the Red on our R's). Now that I've seen this there is no way to unsee it and the red on my headhunt just looks wrong and out of place. Is there a way to change the colors on the head unit to be the e-golf styling/blue?

·
Registered
97 Posts
The girlfriend just got an e-golf and the first thing I noticed was that her head unit has blue styling (versus the Red on our R's). Now that I've seen this there is no way to unsee it and the red on my headhunt just looks wrong and out of place. Is there a way to change the colors on the head unit to be the e-golf styling/blue?
I can't say definitively but it's certainly a possibility. When I fired up OBDeleven for the first time I managed to change the way my dash LCD display looked. There were three options, all slightly different, possibly for other golf versions. I would hazard a guess that there is some setting that alters the way the infotainment display looks as well...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
This is an R forum jot a GTI, we don't get red in our headlights ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is an R forum jot a GTI, we don't get red in our headlights ;)
Um, what? I think you mis-read my post. I know what forum this is. Our radios/headunits have red accents (i.e. the volume bar) which doesn't make any sense when all the other interior accents are blue.

I can't say definitively but it's certainly a possibility. When I fired up OBDeleven for the first time I managed to change the way my dash LCD display looked. There were three options, all slightly different, possibly for other golf versions. I would hazard a guess that there is some setting that alters the way the infotainment display looks as well...
Thanks, I've been thinking about buying OBDeleven anyway, maybe this will encourage me to pick it up and explore.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Um, what? I think you mis-read my post. I know what forum this is. Our radios/headunits have red accents (i.e. the volume bar) which doesn't make any sense when all the other interior accents are blue.
This is strange. My 17 R doesn't have red anywhere. My volume bar on the MFD, as well as on the MIB is blue...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
The MY2016 isn't really red. It's colour-coded to the radio's function. Red is media, green is phone, blue is nav, and yellow is car/system. The MY2017 replaced all of the colour with just blue. Even the static line above the mileage in the MFD goes from white (for MY2016) to blue (for MY2017).

As far as I can tell, this is hard-coded in firmware. The changes mentioned above will not get you what you want, at least not on a MY2016.

Here is an old post about MY2017 changes when they first started to appear:

Here's something I noticed with the MY2017 Discover Pro (8-inch unit) that might also be in the U.S. Discover Media systems.

On my Canadian MY2016, the various infotainment functions are colour-coded. You can see this colour coding in the thin line above the menu bar at the bottom of the different screens:

Red is for media, green for phone, blue for nav, and yellow for car/system functions. The coloured line is subtle, and disappears after you move your hand away. The colours are also reflected in the MFD icons:

On the Canadian MY2017, all of the infotainment functions appear to be blue. Here's the media screen:

The "Individual" driving mode has also been renamed to "Custom".

I'm going to try to figure out whether or not this colour scheme can be enabled with VCDS. Having everything in blue helps with matching the interior accent lighting, but I think it also adds ambiguity (and thus, less functionality).

·
Registered
2 Posts
RED to blue; can't remember how though

Funny thing! I made the change from RED to BLUE but would like to change it back. I just can't remember how I did it in the first place, UGH!!! My boot screen now says GTE in blue, I even got it to say e-Golf at one point but the accents are all in blue. Does anyone out there know how to change it back to RED. PLEASE HELP.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Funny thing! I made the change from RED to BLUE but would like to change it back. I just can't remember how I did it in the first place, UGH!!! My boot screen now says GTE in blue, I even got it to say e-Golf at one point but the accents are all in blue. Does anyone out there know how to change it back to RED. PLEASE HELP.
Thanks
Hello!

Did anybody solve this mistery and knows how to change the theme from red to blue on the Discover Pro MIB2 Satnav? aS in the attached picture?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts