VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Switched to the small covers. :cool:

Also replaced the clutch, control arm bushings, axles, ball joints, hub bearings, tie rod ends, tie rod boots, front brake rotors, front brake pads, front brake calipers and machined lug bolts to run these covers.

Excited to get it aligned and see how it handles with all the new parts! :D

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
So awesome.

What do you run for tires? 165/50's?

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
looks awesome.
2 questions

What brand are your tail lights, bannana lights and front turns?

Where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Thanks. I'm looking to get a set of 15x7's and that tire size looks great.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What brand are your tail lights, bannana lights and front turns?

Where did you get them?

The tails are the same brand that makes the red/clear, but back in the day they made smoked. I was lucky enough to find a NOS set in the classifieds a couple of years ago! :cool: The turns are "euro mk1" clears that i mounted using the stock lights as brackets. The banana lights are normal clear ones. I used model paint to smoke the turns and banana lights to match the tails.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments! Definitely appreciated! :thumbup:

Proof of how simple a baller car can be. Love this.
The car was too clean to molest, so simplifying has kind of been the theme.

this is the perfect height to look good and still be functional in the twisties!:thumbup:
It's a pretty good balance. Respectable amount of lows, but allows me to drive most places. I just measured today and it was 20 1/4" fender-to-ground all arround.

OG paint? either way, beautiful :thumbup:
Yes. OG everything! The car is a survivor. 75k mi., no rust, no wreck car. Engine and interior are really clean, too. It's far from perfect, but overall solid and clean. I go back and forth on whether to paint it or not.

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
i :heart: it.

this is my favorite version of the car so far :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts