VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
welp,i wanna change the trans fluid in my girlfriends 94 jetta 3 gl...except i dont know anything about vw's...is it the same as any other car...just take bolts outta trans pan let it drain,change filter,put pan back up and then add reccomend amount of trans fluid???

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Re: (red94jetta)

how often are you supposed to change your tranny fluid?

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Re: (duke_seb)

Quote, originally posted by duke_seb »
how often are you supposed to change your tranny fluid?

your not supposed to change it ever according to vw
but often times it needs it.

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Re: (JettaAE)

is it the tranny fluid the reason that when i push in the clutch and shift the car kinda jolts a little??

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Re: (duke_seb)

Quote, originally posted by duke_seb »
is it the tranny fluid the reason that when i push in the clutch and shift the car kinda jolts a little??

no...it's because you don't know how to shift....

·
Registered
11,129 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JettaAE »

your not supposed to change it ever according to vw

totally wrong dude! your suppose to change the fluid like any other transmission... its all about marketing for a low maitenance transmission... check out this link...
i suffered like the rest in this link... my transmission failed at 90ks because the fluid was never replaced... here are some pics of the fluid... exactly 88283 miles of usage on the fluid... i changed the fluid, but the tranny was still slipping and gave at 90952 miles... i had to get another used tranny cause the one i had in my jetta, the internals melted and it was not rebuildable, i spent $3200 to get it rebuilt... i knew i should of done a manual swap, but i havent thought of it at the time, i was just pissed off because of not driving my car for 3 months http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

the tranny filter, you can see the black is all the crap that the tranny suffered from... inside the filter, theres alot of metal shavings i never seen before

another shot of the filter...

heres the fluid, all black, if you were to feel the fluid, felt like your hand was in wet sand... as you can see in this pic, the bubbles aren't really bubbles, its metal particles...

Heads-up: VW "Lifetime" auto transmission fluid (baloney!!!) <- i highly suggest you people check this link out!

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Re: (DaFabolous2.0)

Quote, originally posted by DaFabolous2.0 »

totally wrong dude!

did u just skip over the second part of what i wrote? i said according to vw you dont have to change it. and then i said it does often need it! REad the Whole reply next time instead of trying to make me look like an a$$ or like i dont know what i am talking about!

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Re: (sphipps)

Quote, originally posted by sphipps »

no...it's because you don't know how to shift....

i knew youd be an a$$ and no its not because i dont know how to shift....Its only gradually started to get worse

·
Registered
11,129 Posts

did u just skip over the second part of what i wrote? i said according to vw you dont have to change it. and then i said it does often need it! REad the Whole reply next time instead of trying to make me look like an a$$ or like i dont know what i am talking about!

chill dude, i was at school, i just skimmed through it

...sorry if you're offended by it...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea the tranny fluid in the jetta looks a little brown...burnt i guess...figure change that n filter now before somethin bad happens...thanks for the help!

·
Registered
24,177 Posts

your not supposed to change it ever according to vw...

Yeah, this from the same rocket scientists that claim that it's acceptable for a car to burn 1 qt. of oil every thousand miles...

Who would you believe?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts