VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to change the front brake pads on a 97 Vr6??? I searched for a DIY but couldn't find a good one.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the DIY. It's a bit more complex than I thought, or so it seems, but It looks doable. I really gotta step up "handy-man" game.

·
Registered
10,696 Posts
Re: (trickedVR6)

Quote, originally posted by trickedVR6 »
I really gotta step up "handy-man" game.

The more you work, the more you know. You should be fine, good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any recommendations on brake pads??? I hear EBC Green is good, Mintex RedBox, or PBR MetalMasters for abusive braking...any others worth taking a look at?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (dankvwguy)

Quote, originally posted by dankvwguy »
to me the back was the hard part

That's b/c you need a special tool to line up the piston when taking the caliper off or putting it on...I searched and it expalined something along those lines.
My rear pads are still in decent shape...it's the fronts that are practically gone.
It's funny b/c up until 1,000 miles ago nothing has been wrong with my car. Last Friday I replaced the starter ($280) just to find out the problem is really the ignition switch. My fogs don't work (not the switch, not the bulbs, & not the fuse) and now I need brake pads.
Funny bc both my gf and my dad tell me I should sell it and nothing gets me angrier than to hear that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts