VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my current gauge cluster is crap and isnt working so i got a new one. now i was wondering that do i have to do about the miles ? is it stored in the cluster or on the computer? and what do i have to do to do a legal switch? to pass inspection and stuff? thank you.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Re: Changing gauge cluster. Legality question? (y0use)

You can switch the cluster... and I believe if you wanted to you could have your new cluster dialed in to your current miles... the dealer may do this.
From my car dealer backround though... the DMV will give you a sticker to place on the vehicle that states the miles are not actual. This will also be stated on the title when/ if you decide to sell the car... if your not going to sell it anytime soon don't fret it... worry about it when the time comes.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Re: Changing gauge cluster. Legality question? (Fly952.0)

yea I got a sticker when I upgraded my cluster to a cabby cluster...I never put it on the car and I've got it somewhere....didn't have to worry about selling the car as it was totalled
but it's just like ^^^^ said

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.