VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
361 - 380 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
23,493 Posts
These do work, but they have limits. For example, if whatever is causing odors is under the carpet, these kinds of products may help a bit, but aren't a substitute for pulling out the carpet, cleaning the floor pans and cleaning or replacing the carpet padding.
For sure, I was assuming a thorough cleaning was happening anyway but still should have added a "part of a complete breakfast" caveat to my recommendation just to be safe.

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
21,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
This thread almost makes me want to save this 740il with a knocking noise and coolant + oil leaking problem.

If you can swap the engine and fix the Christmas tree of lights on the dash, that would be a fun cruiser.

·
21,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
Hushypushy finished the Sierra Rally Rewind photos. I thought about making a thread about that rally, but those tend to be two pages of "oh cool bro" so I'll save myself the time and just add the photos here.

Diversity in cars. I guess.
DSC_1943 by Merzdoms, on Flickr
It HaS tO bE sMaLl anD LiGhTwEigHt to HaNdlE tHesE RoAds

DSC_2032 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

DSC_2161 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Except big Bimmers and small Bimmers did just fine, with three TCL'ers bringing old Bimmers

DSC_2179 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Another delightful show of rally diversity

DSC_2396 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

This section was fun to chase VOLOLVO down. Brakes in the Bimmer weren't the happiest

DSC_2536 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

E38 camera car plus one hushypushy made for some fire rolling shots

DSC_3484 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Oh hey it's @titleist1976 bombing along in a 964

DSC_3571 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Dirt section?

DSC_3639 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Yes, dirt section. Bonus points for a gentle touch on the wheel, and the radio proudly displaying "Fat Control." IDK WTF we were streaming to the radio at that moment.

DSC_3631 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Harry Hyde would be proud of not Cole Trickling these taaaars.

DSC_3774 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Aaaaaand my new lock screen

DSC_3878 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Full album here.

Hushy did a wonderful job not only capturing the cars, but the roads, and the people in the rally. Well worth the click through.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
That rally was probably full of 1980's oldmobiles and dudes wearing 80's clothes to be ironic. Oh wait. This might be the wrong thread for this.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
21 RS6 10 A6 Avant 04 Isuzu Ascender 02 Chevy 2500 88 16v Scirocco
11,516 Posts
Man, had some flashbacks on some of those pics.

Cat.nam.gif.

• Haha
Reactions: Sold Over Sticker

·
21,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·

Bringing the E38 down to Monterey for all the fun stuff this weekend. Gonna show it off at Legends, even though I didn’t get the bumpers resprayed in time.

Drop it off at my favorite mall kiosk marketing major drop outs shop, and what is there? A BMW Individual Nachtblau 740 shorty sporty with 53k miles. My car is pretty freaking clean, but it made mine look super scruffy.

·
Banned
19,761 Posts
Love the Hushy shots, and holy **** that Nachtblau shorty... Wow.

How was Legends?

·
21,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
Legends was fantastic. Venue was changed last minute so it was a little disorganized and crowded, but given they had a week to find a new venue I was happy it even existed and wasn’t just canceled. Saw a bunch of friends from back in the day, friends from TCL and from the DWA community.

There will be hushyshots in the future so I didn’t take many photos, but this E28 had my attention.

·
Banned
19,761 Posts
Legends was fantastic. Venue was changed last minute so it was a little disorganized and crowded, but given they had a week to find a new venue I was happy it even existed and wasn’t just canceled. Saw a bunch of friends from back in the day, friends from TCL and from the DWA community.

View attachment 111596

There will be hushyshots in the future so I didn’t take many photos, but this E28 had my attention.
Uh, yeah. That is stunning. 👍

Can't wait for hushy shots. (Yes I can, I can wait. I'll be waiting right here.)

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Just a bunch of guys well above the median income, talking about their average cars from the 80's and 90's, with ironic mustaches, muggin it up for the gram.

·
21,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #374 ·
Car week in general was fantastic. Both weekends were pretty exhausting, but oh so worth it.

Just a bunch of guys well above the median income, talking about their average cars from the 80's and 90's, with ironic mustaches, muggin it up for the gram.
Don’t forget a bunch of us have also taken the federal tax credit when we leased EV’s.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
21 RS6 10 A6 Avant 04 Isuzu Ascender 02 Chevy 2500 88 16v Scirocco
11,516 Posts

·
21,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
I'm about to go buy an EV just so I can say that I got the full credit. Then I'll never drive it, instead choosing to drive my 2015 Earth****er with 33's on it.
I approve of this.
God you abuse this man way too much. LET HIM LIVE A LITTLE
He lives his life one photograph at a time. For those 10 seconds or less, he’s free.

·
Registered
BRZ
9,116 Posts
Legends was cool, due to some awesome stand-out showstoppers (328, period correct open wallet turbo E9 Dinan build, E36 Tourings, Alpinas, that Opel, etc) although I was really bummed not to be at the normal venue. I don't mind saying it, but this year's venue sucked. The non-judged area was a literal dust bowl, and the judged area was incredibly packed with cars and people. I'm glad they made it happen, but it was 10 pounds of gourmet **** in a 5 pound econo-bag. Oh well.

I did my best to drag down the median income, not own or bring a Radwood era vehicle, have a serious moustache, and keep out of photos 🙏

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
My mustache is completely obscured by my ironic beard, thank you very much. I posted nothing to the ‘gram, it’s far too much work. If an e38 with a cooler full of beer is an average car, I implore you for an exceptional car. Perhaps an F1?

·
21,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 ·
E38 did great at Car Week, and hushy was on point with the photos as always. Ran into a friend with his LS Volvo on the way down:

DSC_4116 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Legends of the Dirt Bowl was interesting, but ran into TCL'ers immediately:

DSC_4190 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

More dirt:

DSC_4211 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

People drinking beer and laughing? Doesn't sound like an activity I'd partake in at all.

DSC_4417 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Really happy I had the car detailed the day before:

DSC_4427 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

We have a goofy habit of waving frantically at one another. Here's us waving at @Bad Rabbit Habit even though we just left the same show.

DSC_4430 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

Continuing to love the hell out of the E38. Need to rebalance the wheels as I think it threw a wheel weight, and tomorrow I'm going to start the process to get the front and rear bumpers reshot so it's all ready for RADwood PNW.

361 - 380 of 408 Posts