VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 V-10 that only sees sand if driven offroad and rarely at that. I would like to change my tires to a quiet, smooth highway type cruising tire. Has anyone else done this and what tire was used.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Re: Changing to Highway Tires (handi2)

I have two sets of wheels.
My original V10wheels (Fatboy?) use street tires. Toyo Proxes, I believe. In the standard size. These tires are quiet on-road, and all but useless off-road.
I also have some Porsche Cayenne take-offs that I acquired for off-road use. These are fitted with Nitto Terra Grapplers, also in the standard size. The Nitto tires have quite i bit more road noise.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Changing to Highway Tires (handi2)

I am having really good luck with these in a 255/55/18 109H

http://www.conti-online.com/ge...n.pdf
ContiCrossContact™ LX
ASYMMETRIC TREAD PATTERN: Optimized performance of the contact patch for a predictable luxury ride.
TRI-NET SILICA TREAD COMPOUND: Provides improved traction in dry, rainy and winter driving conditions. Long tread life with lower rolling resistance for increased fuel economy.
ACOUSTIC ALTERRA TECHNOLOGY: Creates a luxury tire with a tread pattern that minimizes noise and provides a comfortable ride.
PROGRESSIVE INTERLOCKING SIPES: Interlocks the tread blocks for excellent traction and directional control in all conditions.

UTQG-Rating:
Tread Traction Temperature
All Sizes 680 A B

BTW... I own a condo down in your area and plan to visit a few days around Christmas if you would like to test drive mine for a reference.

Modified by V10 FUN at 3:26 PM 11-30-2008

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.