VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to vw a week or so and i was a little disapointed. I went there to get my maf fixed and a rear door lock problem. I dropped it off on thursday night because i could not make in the morning. The found out the maf was bad and what was going on with the door. I called and my service guy Neil said to be there around 5. I get there and wait like a half hour to find out if they shut my door it will be shut for ever. Neil told me that they will fix it saturday morning. I say ok and he gives me a rental car. (pontiac grand am coupe not bad) any way when i get there saturday morning I pick up my car and go home. I made sure the door opened and that it locked ok. After i got home i checked it again from the inside. Sure enough it did not open. I was a little up set. I take it back to vw on monday and tell them the problem. How come if there is a problem it gets right in. Oh well. I talk to Keith galloway the service manager and tell him the prob. He gets it back to the guy who fixed it and he said it fixed it, it must of slipped of the track. i adjusts the problem and i get my car back. the service guy says the car should have been checked before i left. I think that i should not have to check the door because the problem should be fixed correctly the first time. Oh well what can i do anyway.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Re: Chapman VW service review? Long Sorry! (tcrboravr6)

Who have you all had the best luck with service? I've only ever gone to Chapman, and am a little miffed at their below-average service. (Always blaming manufacture defects on other things... I get blamed for my aftermarket stereo for all sorts of weird things.)
I need to get my blinker and second-gear grind fixed, and am getting VERY close to my 24000 mile mark. My blinker is intermittent problem, sometimes pukes out, sometimes works fine. The second-gear grind only happens in the cold, so naturally they can't duplicate it down in the sun... (I'm in Flag) Anyone have a really great service place they recommend?

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Chapman VW service review? Long Sorry! (JettaTDIGuy)

Yea chapman always blaims it on other things rather than the bad batch of parts. I have mentioned to them about the bad mafs and the windows but the say they know nothing. Oh well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Chapman VW service review? Long Sorry! (tcrboravr6)

I have been there a few times and I dunno if I explain things wrong or they are dumb but they don't get what I am trying to say. I have had 3 window regs broken and one window motor and they won't fix it or look at the problem to see what caused it unless I want to spend $75. But i saw all the old ones and they broke in the same place, I don't know about anyone else but it automatic windows i roll them down when i am driving to have better gas mileage and go faster because i am not running the a/c. But they brake and no one at VW cares. I think the stuff we get here in america is european engineered with a bit of US greed for money. Making crappy parts. Good cars CRAPPY parts. I don't like VW service at all and if i do need parts i check out the place on 40th by the airport for parts. Also i though my door as broken seriously and it took me all day to figure out i have the child lock on. good luck

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Chapman VW service review? Long Sorry! (Eurokustoms)

That sucks! I don't mind going to chapman but it pisses me off that they lied about the door being checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts