VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my charger rebuilt. Can someone remind of the break-in procedure. I hear 500 miles under 3000 rpm, but that seems a little excessive to me...anyone?
Gary

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Re: Charger break-in (Kokino)

I think its a little excessive too, I just rebuilt my own charger. But, I'll still do it, just for safety. 1000 miles is excessive, I'd almost definitely say, but I'll probably still keep it below 4, 4.5 throughout that. Better safe than sorry, but even that only goes so far.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Re: Charger break-in (sold on expense)

one thing oliver told me was "Heat Cycles" dont just go out and drive those miles make sure the charger heats up and cools down a bunch of times too

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Re: Charger break-in (Kokino)

i babied mine for about 50 km (30 miles).
drove it conservatively for 150 (90 miles),
and then drove it agressively (not over 5000rpm) for 300 km (180 miles).
I did all of this over 2 days, to get through the break-in as fast as possible. hehe
Aside from getting the kluber through the system, all you're doing is heat cycling and seating everything which does not take very long. However as we all know, when it comes to g-laders it's better to be safe then sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.