VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first post, so sorry if I might be posting in the wrong section. I can buy a 2001 GTI for $12753 (with the conversion) and Im just thinking that the price is way, way to cheap. Can anybody tell me what to look for, and what might be wrong on bisides the turbo?
Thanks
Mr Force

· Registered
2,714 Posts
Re: Cheap 1.8T (bigmak)

I'm thinking you should be able to come up with one for $12k (decent miles and condition). I don't live in Canada though...so i have no way of knowing what the going price is in your neck of the woods. You may want to try the Canada regional forum for some input.

Modified by Johnl24vvr6 at 3:29 AM 9-11-2005

· Registered
2,065 Posts
Re: Cheap 1.8T (Mr Force)

The price is not really "way cheap" and I think you should be able to find another MY01 1.8T GTi at a lower price. Common things to be on the look out are mostly minor things . They include coilpacks, window regulators, coolant sensors, and MAF sensors. Ask the previous owner or the dealer to run the VIN and see if these items have been replaced. Good luck.

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the car is parked on the side of the road, its got 70,000KM on it. I'f been watching the prices on 1.8T's for a while now and thats the lowest I'f ever seen. most of the go for about $14000. Well thanks for all the input, there might now be someting wrong with it after all.
Thanks
Mr Force

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.