VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question... i know its cheaper to piece together a turbo setup rather than buy a kit. can anyone suggest what parts to use that would end up being the cheapest overall? im lookin for about 400whp
thanx

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Trust me don't go cheap on a VRT they don't like it. I had a Stg 3 eip system on mine and pulled 384whp. Plus with a turbo you'll need software to. You just can't slap a turbo on and go doesn't work that way. Plus if you don't do it right you'll blow your engine. Don't cheap out when it comes to that. Not worth it in the long run. Plus at 400whp you'll need to think about beefing up your tranny also. I had to do a 02m 24v swap on mine. Also total you'll be looking at least 5-6k

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (mysonsaysaudi)

Quote, originally posted by mysonsaysaudi »
Trust me don't go cheap on a VRT they don't like it. I had a Stg 3 eip system on mine and pulled 384whp. Plus with a turbo you'll need software to. You just can't slap a turbo on and go doesn't work that way. Plus if you don't do it right you'll blow your engine. Don't cheap out when it comes to that. Not worth it in the long run.

yea i know i need software to go along with the hardware. i drive a BT 337, so i know a lil somethin about turbo setups. but isnt the C2 software like 350$ or somethin?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (ginvr6.)

Quote, originally posted by ginvr6. »
its cheaper for a reason

yea i know that. with it being cheaper, its surely is waaaay less reliable... like any vrt is anyway lol.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Re: (bklyndubbin)

Quote, originally posted by bklyndubbin »

yea i know i need software to go along with the hardware. i drive a BT 337, so i know a lil somethin about turbo setups. but isnt the C2 software like 350$ or somethin?

depending upon what stage you want if i'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts

·
Registered
25,009 Posts
Re: cheap vrt setup? (Clyde Smith)

damn beat me to it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (mysonsaysaudi)

lol you modified it while i was typing my last post. dont hurt your head.
thanks yall, im actually readin the thread now. all replies can stop now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts