VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
TP- looks great- thanks for posting :thumbup:
Mine are starting to 'bubble'- any suggestions on what to do to get rid of the bubbles before I wrap the pillars with vinyl? I may go with carbon fiber, or either flat or the piano black.

·
Registered
15,102 Posts
Mine are starting to 'bubble'- any suggestions on what to do to get rid of the bubbles before I wrap the pillars with vinyl? I may go with carbon fiber, or either flat or the piano black.
Perhaps add a little heat to it w/ a heat gun/hair dryer? I would think that would bubble it more and you can peel it off. Who knows.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Mine are also starting to bubble. I would be happy with going back with flat or piano black.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
u guys can try and sand the bubbles of to smooth the edges then just add vinyl after.

i say 600 sandpaper shold suffice

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
TP, are you going to wrap the small triangular piece at the bottom of the rear passenger door? If so- let us know how to remove that!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
TP, are you going to wrap the small triangular piece at the bottom of the rear passenger door? If so- let us know how to remove that!
yea i am going to, i am just going to do it on car since i can work a blade easily.

i'll take pics tonight

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great idea!
thanks for the info!

Just when I was thinking "that part is starting to look like crap" when I detailed the car the other week.
I was thinking about spray painting but the vinyl looks easier and better.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts