1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from Automotive News
Quote »
VW also will show a more affordably priced Touareg SUV, referred to internally as the smart Touareg. The current base price for the Touareg is $39,990, including shipping.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: Cheaper Touareg to be shown at Detroit Auto Show (Hajduk)

Interesting. Hopefully someone will be going to the Detroit show and have a look, get some pics and info, etc...
Matt

·
Registered
14,914 Posts
Re: Cheaper Touareg to be shown at Detroit Auto Show (VegasMatt)

Quote, originally posted by VegasMatt »
Interesting. Hopefully someone will be going to the Detroit show and have a look, get some pics and info, etc...
Matt

Let's hope so. A working stripper model *ahem* can only help NA sales IMHO. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
166 Posts

Matt

I'll elect myself to go visit. It's usually a very fun time!

·
Registered
604 Posts

Wonder if this is similar to the lower cost model introduced in '08 for Canada....no climatronic, very limited option availability, no wood, manual seats, no foglights and a bunch of other decontenting....it was priced $10K less than the previous base V6 model

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

Why don't they just reduce the price !!
We got our new 2006 at the end of the model year with a $10k discount
We paid about $42 for a V8 package 1 I think it was

·
Registered
22 Posts

Any new pics of the Touareg at the show? Was it there?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: Cheaper Touareg to be shown at Detroit Auto Show (lmwong)

The show doesn't open to the public until this weekend. Just press right now. I'll be going with camera. Some good brew pubs in the Motor City, too.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Sorry, kinda hijacked the thread re: cheapened Touareg...
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/0...-col/
PRESS RELEASE
NAIAS 2009 Touareg "Lux Limited"
New Touareg "Lux Limited" – Exclusive special edition SUV for the USA
• Clean Diesel of limited edition launches with 25 mpg Highway fuel economy
• Touareg "Lux Limited" with two-tone leather interior is coming early this year
Wolfsburg / Detroit, January 2009. In just a few weeks, Volkswagen of America will be introducing one of the most economical and cleanest SUVs to the US market: the new Touareg V6 TDI with a powerful 165 kW / 225 PS Clean Diesel. In parallel to the debut of the pioneeringly efficient Touareg, Volkswagen is now presenting in Detroit an outstandingly exclusive special model of its high-end SUV: the Touareg "Lux Limited". It will launch with the new V6 TDI and two highly advanced gasoline engines: a V6 FSI (206 kW/280 PS) and a V8 FSI (257 kW/350 PS).
Exterior of the "Lux Limited" edition
On its exterior, the Touareg "Lux Limited" makes its appearance with high-end 20-inch alloy wheels ("Ayers Rock" type) and size 275 all-season tires, a styling package with special side skirts and customized front and rear aprons and a color lineup customized for the limited edition. The Touareg "Lux Limited" may be ordered in the exterior colors "Biscay blue", "Black magic pearl effect", "Campanella white" and "Galapagos gray" – the "Biscay blue" color new to the product lineup.
Interior of the "Lux Limited" edition
The Volkswagen Touareg is offered with a very long list of standard features across the board – i.e. in every version. After all, the German SUV is one of the highest end vehicles of its type in the world. The "Lux Limited" – developed by Volkswagen Individual – now goes even one step further. That is because it always includes a two-tone leather interior combined with special interior accents based on the particular color variant.
Version 1: Cricket leather in the color combination "Latte Macchiato / St. Tropez white"; where the center seat panels are kept in white. In this case, the interior accents are in "****ar grain" decor.
Version 2: Cricket leather in "Anthracite / St. Tropez white". An "Engine spin dark" decor with a metallic look and feel is used here. In both variants the door panel inserts are trimmed in "St. Tropez white".
In addition, the driver and front passenger of the Touareg "Lux Limited" get standard 12-way power seats.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Re: Cheaper Touareg to be shown at Detroit Auto Show (raleys1)

Quote, originally posted by raleys1 »

Wow

Linder

The headlights look different from the 08/09 models. Have the inner high beams returned? They look more like the T1 headlights w/no AFS. I actually like the older headlights but have gotten used to my 08. The lights that turn on when going around a corner at night are vey useful.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: Cheaper Touareg to be shown at Detroit Auto Show (jrtouareg)

Quote, originally posted by jrtouareg »

The headlights look different from the 08/09 models. Have the inner high beams returned? They look more like the T1 headlights w/no AFS. I actually like the older headlights but have gotten used to my 08. The lights that turn on when going around a corner at night are vey useful.

Those are the basic V6 halogen headlights. For all the upgrades this thing has on it, I'm surprised it made it out of Slovakia without the xenons in it.
Matt

·
Registered
403 Posts

Those are the basic V6 halogen headlights. For all the upgrades this thing has on it, I'm surprised it made it out of Slovakia without the xenons in it. Matt

Thanks for the correction. I've had 4 T-regs and had never had one w/out xenons.

·
Registered
14,914 Posts
Re: Cheaper Touareg to be shown at Detroit Auto Show (NickM)

Quote, originally posted by NickM »
Wonder if this is similar to the lower cost model introduced in '08 for Canada....no climatronic, very limited option availability, no wood, manual seats, no foglights and a bunch of other decontenting....it was priced $10K less than the previous base V6 model

With all due respect, a more basic Touareg model could only help the JDPower et.al scores. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,914 Posts
Re: Cheaper Touareg to be shown at Detroit Auto Show (TigerinColorado)

Quote, originally posted by VW »
Clean Diesel of limited edition launches with 25 mpg Highway fuel economy.

Is that w/ AWD?

If so, that and the rumored base model could cause a few to take another look at the VW Touareg.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: Cheaper Touareg to be shown at Detroit Auto Show (TigerinColorado)

Touaregs have only ever come with 4XMotion permanent 4WD. I'm pretty sure this will be the case, at least until the complete re-design happens.
Matt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts