VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the least anyone has paid (per month) for a Beetle GL w/ auto? I guess a GLS would be ok too; price doesn't really go up that much. I'm willing to put a fairly large amount down, but the payments needs to be <=200/month.
This is for the Fiance (but I may drive it a little too
)
thx much

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Cheapest Lease on a Beetle GL (vwnb99)

quote:[HR][/HR]I think they did away with the GL... only GLS or GLX.[HR][/HR]​
Hmm...I don't think so ... still shows on the VW website and on dealer inventory lists...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Re: Cheapest Lease on a Beetle GL (boeing727)

Many ads in most metro-area papers will list Beetle leases "teasers" for ~$179-$199/mo. for probably 39 or 48 months. These will generally be 10k or 12k miles per year, will be for 5-spd. manuals, and will always deal with about "$1995 down". This $1,995 down turns into around $2500 after all taxes, fees, etc.
I'm sure you know that the auto tranny is $875 and will cause any 5-spd. lease to increase ~ $15-20 per month. Be forewarned that a New Beetle GL has around $400 markup in it, so don't expect an incredible discount.
You could probably land on $200/month after $2500 down or so for maybe 39 or 48 months. Again, just a guesstimate, but I hope it helps your planning!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Cheapest Lease on a Beetle GL (VeeDubMcDave)

Thx for the info! Yah, I think 48 months is the plan ... not too bad with the 4-year b2b warranty on the '02 models. If it has to be $2500 then I guess that's what it'll have to be
What do you mean the GL has a $400 markup?
thx

·
Registered
7,088 Posts

What I think he meant to say is that the car only has about a $400 profit for the dealer.
Its a price leader and has the lowest profit margin for the dealer. Don't expect to haggle on the price.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Cheapest Lease on a Beetle GL (eunos94)

Ah I see .. hmm, well I gues I'll see what I can do. I really want this beetle (might like it more than the jetta i already love ... maybe I can switch with my fiance
)
Thanks for the help guys ... any other tips?

·
Registered
7,088 Posts

Hey Boeing 727. I judt noticed your s fellow clevelander
. Goto Ganely No. Olmsted to have a look. Iwas just there and they have a huge selection.
Just thought I would make it a touch easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.