VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went up to the mountain this weekend and on the way back down at a stop light I noticed my CEL was on. Engine runs great. I didn't notice anything wrong at all with the car. I hasn't come off in 3days. I'm going to get the codes today, but just wondering if anyone has had this happen before. I just bought this car 4 weeks ago. 01 wolf 1.8T 5 spd

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Re: Check Engine Light after going up to the mountains (4runner1988)

Quote, originally posted by 4runner1988 »
I went up to the mountain this weekend and on the way back down at a stop light I noticed my CEL was on. Engine runs great. I didn't notice anything wrong at all with the car. I hasn't come off in 3days. I'm going to get the codes today, but just wondering if anyone has had this happen before. I just bought this car 4 weeks ago. 01 wolf 1.8T 5 spd

You are going to have to get codes before you can ask that... Although i did see a low boost code once at a HIGH elevation... I think it was just a problem that was already there but became more apparent when there was less air.

·
Registered
80 Posts
High Elevation means less air density. If you're high enough you'll definitely lose compression on the turbo. How much though, is a good question.
Have the codes cleared when you check them, and see if it comes back. Post back with what code it threw.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I went and had the code pulled then cleared. It came up p0172, which is bank 1 too rich. Any ideas. It hasn't come back on yet, but I have been only 5 miles down the road..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (elRey)

Maybe, but I didn't notice anything power wise. Actually before the light came on I noticed that it had a little more pep. Probably from the altitude change or it could be that it was a cold day.. I'm talking 1500ft elevation change. So I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Re: (flippy10)

Quote, originally posted by flippy10 »
. If you're high enough.

you can never be high enough!

Bump for help!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts