VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Re: check engine light from exhaust (anniverblue)

How do you know the exhaust the the problem? What is the "upgrade" that you speak of? I've seen many cars with aftermarket exhaust systems that don't cause any issues (other than noise levels).

You need to copy/paste the DTCs from VAG COM here so we can get an idea of what is going on.
Unless your exhaust is got a few bannanas shoved up into the tail pipe...

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Re: (blackmk5gti)

You reallly need to copy/paste the DTCs. Until you do that, then there isn't much help we can offer.... maybe you have an evap issue. Maybe it is the exhaust. Maybe the phase of the moon is the cause. Who knows? I sure don't since I don't know what the ECM is turning the MIL on.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (penclnck)

Sorry i thought their is only a couple things that would throw the check light. But what happened was i bought a cheap down pipe from ebay. I put it on and not even a 1000 miles the thing starts rattling then the check light comes on. I tightened all the bolts and clamps, nothing. Take it to vw, i know the head service rep so i know he's not gonna screw me. He tells me the cat is coming loose insde and is throwing the o2 sensor. So he reset the computer and the light went away for about 2-3 days. I'm just hoping that the computer isn't making the fuel too rich.

· Registered
11,960 Posts
Re: (anniverblue)

if the cat is coming apart on the inside, that is most likely the problem. what code is it throwing? We can tell you wether or not the exhuast is the source of the code if we know what the code is. of course then you would know too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.