VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a Garrett chip in my car over Christmas and its been performing beautifully. Two days ago a check engine system light turned on in my car and is still on. The manual suggests taking it to the dealer to have them check it out but I don't want them to see that I have switched out the chips because it will more than likely void my waranty. I have the old chip, but would rather not have to open up the ECU and switch out the chips. Any suggestions or solutions with similar problems? Thanks, I appreciate any response.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Re: Check Engine Light on a chipped Wolfsburg (scio)

Find someone locally to you that has a VAG-COM to scan your car and tell you what codes its throwing so that you can begin to trouble shoot your cars problem. Once you know whats going on wrong, you'll have a wee bit better time at the dealership, explaining what is wrong with your car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Check Engine Light on a chipped Wolfsburg (scio)

The light is orange and says check and has a lightining symbol through it. In the manual I'm pretty sure it said Check Engine System, so I'm sure its referring to CEL. I'll double check though.
Thanks 'Da Black Jetta'
Anyone have a VAG-COM that lives in Austin? hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.