VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 2000 Jetta GLS for almost a month now (bought it used). I got in my car this afternoon to head to work, and my check engine light came on. I checked all my fluids, and they are all fine. The car has 36.5k on it, so I can't imagine it being anything serious.
I brought the car to the dealership where I bought it (CarMax) and even though I bougha bumper to bumper extended warranty, they wanted to charge me ~$80.00 to get it diagnosed.

The car seems to be running fine (it idles just a *tad* rough.. but hardly noticeable).. I'm guessing maybe it's just a O2 sensor reporting errantly, but I can't be sure.
Anyone have any idea what this might be? Should I be worried about it? My roommate says his car's ('02 WRX) check engine light came on once, but it ended up just going away after a few days, and that it's pretty common. (?)
Thanks,
~Rao

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: Check Engine light?? (Rao)

Could be almost anything... I have one on right now for a coolant temperature sensor, but have had one for the o2 sensor too. If I were you, I'd bring the car to the dealer to have the oxygen sensor recall done. Maybe you'll get away with not having to pay the diag if it does turn out to be your o2 sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.