VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recived some 14" BBS rims as a payback for other good traded. Now there pretty well used with little cleaning ever done to them. There off an old school BMW. Im working on geting some center caps for them. Once I have them the rims are off to get repainted and a polished lip put on them.
As for tires, I have the stock 14 tires and hub caps on my car right now, Im going tranfer the tires once the new rims are done. But one the Tax check showes up, What tires should I get that will provide some better handeling than these POS 50dollar tires I have now?
Thanks
nate

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: Check it out, I have some 14" BBS rims, what tires? Im dumb in this area. (Nat1267)

14s are hard to find good performance tires for. So far the best ones i have found are Yokohamas. the size i have is 195/60R14. And they have the nice tread and grip the pavement like glue. I really am pleased with them. They increased the handling of my jetta a lot. I dont know...there may be better out there but this is what i have and like. Hope this helps. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: (Nat1267)

i think if i can remember right they were like 75 a piece...14s are cheap to buy tires for...that is why i plan on keepin mine....dont wanna fork out the big bills for 16-17-18s rubber....i got em at discount tire...dont know if they still sell em or not....

·
Banned
23,872 Posts
Re: (Wolfdubs)

You want something better than your 50 dollar pos tire?....what if i told you ..you can get BETTER PERFORMANCE by 100x's for under 50 dollars a tire...
you want the best tire for the cheapest?

Falken azenis rs sports
195/60/14=39-46 US DOLLARS
200 treadwear traction A temp A
Traction really feels like AA....no tire in the world can compete with the falken azenis for the price and performance of the tire....only thing is they wear out easily...(200 treadwear)6-12k..( depending on how you drive)..they weigh 4-7 lbs more than a regular tire...but this is because of the DUAL reinforced sidewall...i run the 195/60/14 and dont have any problems in racing/daily driving situations...
thats my .02

Modified by WRC Dorikin at 2:31 PM 5-8-2003

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.