VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Josh[deady]Able, a fellow Vortexer, and his German contact, I was able to get these beauties imported! They are so good looking in person! They are 17x8.5". I ordered five of them, and am still waiting on the arrival of the fifth. They have a really nice lip on them, too. Hopefully I will be able to get these on in the next week or two along with an H&R Cupkit.
Tell me what ya think!!

And if the photos don't show up, here are the links:
http://tdidub.50megs.com/images/all_four.jpg
http://tdidub.50megs.com/images/closeup1.jpg
http://tdidub.50megs.com/images/closeup2.jpg
http://tdidub.50megs.com/images/side_shot.jpg

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Check out my new Brocks!! (grmnpwr)

Thanks, guys! It took awhile to find the perfect wheel that I could kind of afford, but I think it was worth the wait! I will post some pictures of these on the car along with the Cupkit I am getting installed at the same time. I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Check out my new Brocks!! (VWguy)

I wanted to have the ability to rotate the tires, so I didn't want to go staggered. Even though it looks good, I have a front wheel drive car which kind of negates the purpose of the staggered sizes. 8.5" isn't all that "wussy" either. That is still pretty wide. 10" is just crazy wide! Good luck with those macho wheels, though!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: Check out my new Brocks!! (chilipepperxxx)

Chili...you did good picking the size...Going bigger on the rears would do absolutley nothing except drag ya behind... and 10" wide is VERRRY think...8.5" should be good...Im just wondering, was this deal just a one time thing, or could Josh do this again? And the cost of the wheels too please?
THANK!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Check out my new Brocks!! (CJ707)

I think I picked the right size too. I don't know if it was a one time thing or not.
You could e-mail him to find out. Search for his user name to find his e-mail address. The cost ended up being $2000.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Check out my new Brocks!! (Josh[deady]Able)

Well, I have to say that Josh was very good about getting back to me on all of my e-mails. If I have anything I need in the future, he is someone I can trust to come through for me. Just act like you forgot to get back to the people that ask for the Brocks

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Check out my new Brocks!! (joeZX6)

Hey, Josh, my e-mail and internet went out 'cause I was on @Home. Could you post here what you have found out about my fifth wheel? I am at school, so I can check it everyday. The offset is 35, and I will put on some of that wax. Thanks. I haven't switched to Mintex yet, but I probably will soon.

·
Banned
8,990 Posts
Re: Check out my new Brocks!! (chilipepperxxx)

The wheels look very nice but how heavy? and they are expensive...
I wonder, how many people could deal with these for $500.00 each... (or even a lower price). Sorry no intention to stir up neg vibe. They do look nice. Check out them Rivas. Peace!

·
Banned
8,990 Posts
Re: Check out my new Brocks!! (2001 VR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Eric - It is $400/wheel - he ordered 5 of them. On the other hand, people pay way more $$$$ for some wheels. Plus, our hobby is an expensive hobby. You should know that better then all of us. Now he has wheels, most don't in the USA.
Thomas[HR][/HR]​
Very good point, exclusivity is way cool and if done correctly, eh, exclusive. $400 though, ouch.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Check out my new Brocks!! (2001 VR6)

Congratulations, 2001 VR6! I know these were semi-expensive wheels, but when compared to some of the Kinesis and others people are putting on their Dubs, these weren't too bad. Plus, like said before, exclusivity is the key! I know they are probably heavy, but weight wasn't one of my priorities as I am not doing any autocross or racing. Mostly doing asthetic mods, but will be doing some power upgrades, as well. Can't be all show!
Josh, my internet is working again, but I don't know what my new e-mail address is yet. I will e-mail it to you when I find it. For now, please continue to update me on this post.
Thanks
PS I just found out that my H&R Cupkit that I am getting installed with the wheels is on a 4 week backorder. That means I can't get these wheels on for another month or so! Sux big time! Billy Gilbert at Car Nutz in Bellevue, WA, said that he tried calling Tire Rack and Discount Tire among other places to see if anybody had any for a 2001 VW Golf TDi, but nobody had them. Could you confirm this, Eric? If you find that you do get any in please let me know on here.
Thanks

[Modified by chilipepperxxx, 10:50 PM 12-3-2001]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.