VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (dingoaaron)

that site is slow, only getting 120K/sec
ok, now that it is done... pretty sweet video. I'm assuming that that is probably a 180r or something similar, because I don't think a stock elise could pass a 993 turbo or an F355 like that. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
3,090 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (VaMoS)

Every time you see this its a great video http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (what)

quote:[HR][/HR]ok, now that it is done... pretty sweet video. I'm assuming that that is probably a 180r or something similar, because I don't think a stock elise could pass a 993 turbo or an F355 like that. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Good call. It must be a 180r, or one of those tuned Elises from Australia (I forget the name of the company) who transplants the honda Vtec engine in it and supercharges it. Either way, that steering wheel hints that it isn't any ordinary Elise.

·
Registered
16,949 Posts

I believe that would be a 111s (hence the URL)

·
Registered
2021 Lexus GX460, 2005 Lexus GX470, 1973 IH Scout
16,752 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (gtivr4)

How long is it supposed to be? Mine is 48 seconds
either way, great vid
And I want an elise

·
Registered
2,104 Posts

This weeks Autoweek has an Elise on the cover. Apparently Proton (majority owner of Lotus) has decided to bring the Elise to the US. Of course it will have a softer suspension and a/c. The rest of the world must think we're a bunch of idiots that want all of are cars to float down the road like a Buick Roadmaster wagon!

·
Registered
2021 Lexus GX460, 2005 Lexus GX470, 1973 IH Scout
16,752 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (Bustov)

Will AC be an option?? Cause I DONT WANT IT. I will be out of college by the time they bring it here(next year or so) so it will be high on the short list of new cars I would buy.

·
Banned
5,813 Posts

Seems like the F40 wasn't working too hard while the Elise driver was working overtime...pulling all sorts of very questionable maneuvers like going in-between cars, etc....that is ground for handicapping or even disqualification in F1 and the likes.
Of course, the race doesn't seem to be as serious as F1 and difference classes were abound. Compared to the rest of the crowd, he seems to be driving far more aggressively...the others almost seem like they are just out for a round about on the track. Interesting point on the video is when the F40 passes that 911 Turbo...and out of that straight the 911 is also pulling away from the Elise...pretty interesting stuff!
Great video!!!
Man that F40 is an awesome car...

[Modified by Integrale, 6:37 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (VwG60Kid)

quote:[HR][/HR]i need an f40[HR][/HR]​
that makes 50, 000 of us

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (Integrale)

I agree -- I don't know if the F40 even knew he was racing.

Seriously though, it shows what a capable car the Elise can be. Rather than the F40 I'd take the Elise, a house, and lots and lots of driving schools.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (2lowA4)

is there a video of some ferraris driving around real fast in traffic weaving in and out of cars?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (pallison14)

That Ferrari sounded sweet from what I got to hear. The F40 was rollin out hard on that fool! I've always wanted one and this video didn't do anything to make me forget...
Kale

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (alphaDUB)

quote:[HR][/HR]is there a video of some ferraris driving around real fast in traffic weaving in and out of cars? [HR][/HR]​
i have it but i don't wanna host it.. isp will get pissed even though i have the space.. i can send it to you over aim if you want or up it somewhere

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (VwG60Kid)

I spoke to a dealer about the Elise.......he said it will come with A/C, CD radio, leather (mentioned it another thread, but whatever).
Said he would know more in a month, told him to call me. The Elise is looking like a real good choice for my next ride.
Thought about silver, but this blue isn't to shabby....

[Modified by Beltfed, 9:59 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (Beltfed)

Beltfed, you can look for a ITR-drivetrain Elise, if you don't want to wait a year

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (matt007)

quote:[HR][/HR]Beltfed, you can look for a ITR-drivetrain Elise, if you don't want to wait a year[HR][/HR]​
Not a bad idea....few things though, isn't the ITR powered Elise like $50k or so? Also, the one coming from Lotus will meet federal regulations (so at least it won't be limited just for the track).

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Re: Check this vid of an Elise tailing an F40... almost blew my... (Beltfed)

Ah yes, but its faster than the regular Elise *and* lighter (IIRC)

Well, the price is the prohibitive part, but I think they may be very unobtainable next year, anyway..Talk about waiting lists

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.