VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder to you g60 owners to check them often and change them because of carbon deposit killing the performance, the fuel economy and easy starting of the engine.. I personnaly run NGK plugs bpr6 platinum and change them often under 10000miles. That the aferage life with my setup and the car run rich ..
you can use bosch w6dpo if you got the money...
When fuel mileage go down or you got some drivebility issues..check spark plugs too!!
bye

·
Registered
743 Posts
Re: Check you spark plugs !! (oldcorradopower)

Changed mine about a year ago. Opted to go with the W6DPO even though they cost a bit more, I figure there is a reason VW used them to begin with. Ended up tracking them down for right around $12 each if I remember correctly from Patrick at BMA Parts in Cali, http://www.bmaparts.com. Not too bad of price considering one place tried to get me at $21 and the average was $16.

·
Registered
90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 96 BMW 318ti, 03 VW GTI 20th, 21 Jeep Gladiator
7,539 Posts
Re: Check you spark plugs !! (AZVento)

yeah, i just changed mine a couple months ago. i also went with the bosch. a parts store around here had them for about $14 i think. old plugs got fouled with oil (dealer forgot to put oil shield under valve cover
).

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Re: Check you spark plugs !! (TexasCorradoG60)

I did mine last yeatr. One doesn't seem to fit right but I'm still getting spark and what not. It sits higher than the rest it seems.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: Check you spark plugs !! (G-Laddy)

take some cleaner and a wheel wire brush to your plugs. They clean up quite nicely with about 5 minutes of scrubbing. If there's no damage to the plug, no reason to change it..

·
Registered
90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 96 BMW 318ti, 03 VW GTI 20th, 21 Jeep Gladiator
7,539 Posts
Re: Check you spark plugs !! (TexasCorradoG60)

yeah, when my engine went south they rebuilt it (only place in town
) and later i noticed that i was using a lot of oil. told them and they said it would use oil for a little bit during break it. all right that's fine. much later it's still using oil and my friend notices (while he's under the car) that the whole undercarriage is covered in oil. well, find out the little cam shaft cover that goes underneath the valve cover was missing. go back and they didn't even know what i was talking about. had to pull out the bentley and have my knowledgable friends presuade them.
they fixed it, finally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts