VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I currently use their stuff as well and I have the same issue.

They make great stuff but too many different products that do the same thing. After I run out of CG I think I am going to switch to CarPro but stick with CG Lightning Fast, Nonsense Invisible APC and Streak Free glass cleaner.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently use their stuff as well and I have the same issue.

They make great stuff but too many different products that do the same thing. After I run out of CG I think I am going to switch to CarPro but stick with CG Lightning Fast, Nonsense Invisible APC and Streak Free glass cleaner.
Agree, too much marketing garbage. You can't have 14 products that do the same thing in every category, just makes me think a lot of stuff is snake oil. That said they make some good stuff:

-Clean Slate stripping wash
-Clay lube
-Pad conditioner
-Sprayable Leather
-Microfiber wash
-Bare Bones for underhood
-Fabric Guard (no idea if this does a damn thing really)

Used to use Glowssworks wash for maintenance when I waxed my cars, but no longer use it since moving to ceramic coating and using specific washes for that. Hybrid V7 is good too, but no loger use for same reason - though I detail my road bike with it still.

I do also like their microfiber wash mitt and tire dressing foam applicator. Their big orange drying towels are great too and soak everything right up.

But god their bottles are total sh!t and have been the entire 10 years I've used their stuff.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Agree, too much marketing garbage. You can't have 14 products that do the same thing in every category, just makes me think a lot of stuff is snake oil. That said they make some good stuff:

-Clean Slate stripping wash
-Clay lube
-Pad conditioner
-Sprayable Leather
-Microfiber wash
-Bare Bones for underhood
-Fabric Guard (no idea if this does a damn thing really)
I had to Google to see what Bare Bones is even supposed to be - a dedicated undercarriage dressing? That sounds like more marketing hype. If you haven't already, try Meguiars Hyper Dressing. You can get it almost anywhere and it's great on tires, underhood plastics, vinyl, etc. and you can dilute it down to where it gives a nice satin finish or use it closer to full strength if you want more shine.

As to everything else on that list, IMO there are better options out there.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150 (ordered)
4,064 Posts
I only buy their stuff at the local parts stores because of leaking issues. I am going to order their Carbon Force Ceramic coating so hopefully that isn't leaking.

I also agree about the sheer amount of products. However, I really only use a few; soap, detail spray, wheel cleaner, wax, and then the ceramic coating soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.