VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2023 Subaru Outback
5,645 Posts
Seems cool. Both trims on the Brazilian Chevy site show prices between $25-$27k.

This new gen definitely looks better than the past generations with the Aveo-like front end.

· Registered
26,170 Posts
Built in and designed for South America + smaller than the Maverick.

I seriously doubt this would do well in the US at all. Importing would make it too expensive and the interior materials will probably be subpar for the price. Outside of a dozen TCLers would want one with a third pedal it would not sell.

· Registered
2023 Subaru Outback
5,645 Posts
The Montana appears to be Trailblazer based. They'd do themselves good to make a Blazer based version as far as size goes. They could probably get away with bringing back the S10 name to be honest.

· Registered
458 Posts
Built in and designed for South America + smaller than the Maverick.

I seriously doubt this would do well in the US at all. Importing would make it too expensive and the interior materials will probably be subpar for the price. Outside of a dozen TCLers would want one with a third pedal it would not sell.
Sub Compact pickup might be a seller, we don’t know yet. Either way, GM needs something to compete against the Maverick and Santa Cruz.

GM should consider an inexpensive truck to slot under the Colorado which has creeped up on price.
I did some looking around after the prices leaked for the new Colorado. Comparing a 22 vs 23 cc/sb was barely 1000 more vs the 2.5l and surprisingly about 500 cheaper vs the 3.6l and it was about the same compared to other Midsize trucks. But will agree, GM needs something to compete in the compact class.

· Registered
26,170 Posts
Sub Compact pickup might be a seller, we don’t know yet. Either way, GM needs something to compete against the Maverick and Santa Cruz.
YTD Santa Cruz sales are 33K. I'm not sure that qualifies as something GM needs to fight.

Maverick is Fords answer to having no compact car and the dud that is the EcoSport. GM has the new Tax coming which looks a hell of a lot more competitive vs the old model.

· Registered
458 Posts
YTD Santa Cruz sales are 33K. I'm not sure that qualifies as something GM needs to fight.

Maverick is Fords answer to having no compact car and the dud that is the EcoSport. GM has the new Tax coming which looks a hell of a lot more competitive vs the old model.
One problem I’ve noticed with the Santa Cruz, it’s priced a little higher than the Maverick. A few grand price drop probably won’t break them. Either way, I am seeing quite a bit of them on the road around me.

33k YTD isn’t a bad number, that’s more than the CX-9, Impreza, Impreza WRX (listed as 2 different models for some reason), the C-HR, and the Kia Carnival. Given that there would likely be a GMC version that could have a little different tech and probably awd only, I could see GM pushing 40-60k units per year if priced right.

· Registered
321 Posts
Seems cool. Both trims on the Brazilian Chevy site show prices between $25-$27k.

This new gen definitely looks better than the past generations with the Aveo-like front end.
At 185.5 in, It's considerably smaller than the Maverick (199.7 in). GM's goal was to compete with both Fiat Strada (175 in) and Fiat Toro (193 in) in the Brazilian market.

The Montana is based on the GEM (Global Emerging Markets) platform, a simplifyed version of the Trailblazer's VSS-F platform. It's equipped with the 1. 2 T engine that will power the new US Trax.

Enviado de meu SM-G980F usando o Tapatalk

· Banned
351 Posts
I’d like to see more trucks like that sold in North America. They would likely replace entry level sedans like the Corolla or Civic.
Yup, although probably not those two specifically. That is Ford's strategy though, ditch entry level sedans and instead give them Maverick hybrids. You get 37mpg combined with the practicality of a small pickup.

Stellantis has also completely given up on small entry level sedans for North America since the demise of the Dart, but they don't even have a Maverick type option so this in the 1.3T should be frugal and compact enough for that niche. Closest mini cheap vehicle they have now is the Renegade, but its really long in the tooth and didn't get the update that again Brazil gets but the US does not.

· Registered
321 Posts
Yup, although probably not those two specifically. That is Ford's strategy though, ditch entry level sedans and instead give them Maverick hybrids. You get 37mpg combined with the practicality of a small pickup.

Stellantis has also completely given up on small entry level sedans for North America since the demise of the Dart, but they don't even have a Maverick type option so this in the 1.3T should be frugal and compact enough for that niche. Closest mini cheap vehicle they have now is the Renegade, but its really long in the tooth and didn't get the update that again Brazil gets but the US does not.

Ram's Toro-based unibody truck is already on the way, at least for South America. It´s expected to debut in the end of 2023.

It´s supposed to be slight bigger than the Toro, so it would be a good fit for US market.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts