VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 1998 chevy s10, and he is looking for good aftermarket sites on the web in which to order some stuff.... he is looking for a new grille, roll pan, and maybe a new front bumper..... does anyone know of a good place to start? possibly a message board for chevys as well? thank in advance. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
16,590 Posts
Re: Chevy S-10 aftermarket (JakeN20)

Go pick up a sport truck magazine, there are a ton of vendors. I had a S-10 for a while but can't remember the names of companies I dealt with right now.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Re: Chevy S-10 aftermarket (87GolfKart)

ive been toying with the idea of buying an S10 for a driver/winter beater. you cant not love these things, 2 year old ones are dirt cheap and they are reliable as hell in my experience(had a 98 for a few years, never had to spen any money beyond maintenence). the only thing thats been holding me back is the fact that i know i will mod the damn thing, and 2 projects at the same time are never sweet.

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Re: Chevy S-10 aftermarket (norman)

I have a 1995 GMC Jimmy with 150K on it, and I am fighting a losing battle against avoiding mods. I had no idea there was so much crap for the thing. I could get a LSD for towing the boat, the 16 inch wheels off the ZQ8 suspension, a cold air induction kit, dual exhaust, a 4.3L Turbo Syclone engine...
Where does it end?

·
Registered
27,070 Posts
Re: Chevy S-10 aftermarket (mtrainVR6)

Quote, originally posted by mtrainVR6 »

Where does it end?

No kidding, the next thing you know...manufacturers are turboing Mini vans

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Re: Chevy S-10 aftermarket (Apollo-Soyuz 1975)

Quote, originally posted by Apollo-Soyuz 1975 »

Oh... mah... gawsh...

How much do those run?

id assume a bunch since they were only used in 2 limited production vehicles. you would be better off with a 350 swap since you can get similar results for less money. turbos are fun though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts