VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Chevy truck's around here? Surprised no one has started a thread for Chevy's yet.
6 inch BDS lift 35x13.50 baja claw's 350/turbo 400

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Re: Chevy truck's (yota_vr)

My daily beater.

Come spring it's going up a bit more and if I feel like it getting the 'glass fenders I've got sitting around and a set of 37" MT/Rs. Right now it's on a tweaked 6" BDS and 35/12.50-17's. Obviously a Duramax.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Re: Chevy truck's (NismoB3)

Thought I'd try to revive the Chev thread:
Here is my wife's 07 Tahoe LTZ, technically its a 4X4 although its a little low.

·
Registered
15,525 Posts

Quote, originally posted by NismoB3 »

Maybe it is the color, but have you lowered that thing? All of the burbs/tahoes I know of look at least an inch higher. Maybe it is just my eyes.
Nice truck, either way. The latest gen tahoe/suburban is an awesome cruiser.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Re: Chevy truck's (Tornado2dr)

We bought it used and it was already lowered with a Ground Force lowering kit. I definatley think it looks nice, but am still considering bringing it back up to stock height. Plowed a little snow this winter, and curbs suck when parking nose in.
Compared to 90% of the Tahoes out there where people put on 22's and no lowering kit, I just think the huge wheel gap looks funny compared to ours. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here is my wife's 07 Tahoe LTZ, technically its a 4X4 although its a little low.

Good looking Tahoe, the new one's are dope and do look good lowered. Good job reviving the thread http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
15,525 Posts
Re: Chevy truck's (CreeperSleeper)

Quote, originally posted by CreeperSleeper »
I really want a Duramax, but I'm rocking a 1996 Tahoe LT... It gets the job done and is pretty comfy to boot! Well, at least the dog really likes it.

There is someone in the midwest who does conversions to 2500 'burbs that looks about as factory as it gets. Duramaxsuburban.com or something similar.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote, originally posted by Tornado2dr »

There is someone in the midwest who does conversions to 2500 'burbs that looks about as factory as it gets. Duramaxsuburban.com or something similar.

I read the article is a diesel magazine while back and that guy does great work. From what I can remember is was pretty expensive for him to do the conversion.

·
Registered
15,525 Posts
Re: Chevy truck's (yota_vr)

Quote, originally posted by yota_vr »

I read the article is a diesel magazine while back and that guy does great work. From what I can remember is was pretty expensive for him to do the conversion.

Must be. This guy is asking $80k (no, not a typo) for a last-gen with d-max. http://blwilliamsllc.com/inven....html
Sure is a bad ass rig, though!
edit: That link quotes 45k just for the conversion. A bit too rich for my blood.

Modified by Tornado2dr at 6:36 PM 4-15-2009

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote, originally posted by Tornado2dr »

Must be. This guy is asking $80k (no, not a typo) for a last-gen with d-max. http://blwilliamsllc.com/inven....html
Sure is a bad ass rig, though!
edit: That link quotes 45k just for the conversion. A bit too rich for my blood.

Yeah he charg'es an insane amount, I remembered it being high but not that much. Does not seem worth the money at all.

Modified by Tornado2dr at 6:36 PM 4-15-2009

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
My current daily, '03 2500HD

Wheels/tires were on it when I bought it, all I've added is torsion keys up front to clear the tires. I plan on swapping the wheels for a set of black pro comps and debadging it. Something like this...

·
Registered
6,479 Posts

It looks a lot like the police package Tahoes a lot of the police depts around here are driving. I could be wrong but the police package Tahoes have a lower ride height. Your wifes truck on the side of the road with black steelies would get me to slam on my brakes.

Modified by Mabe at 8:04 PM 5-4-2009

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Re: (MXTHOR3)

2005 Checy Tahoe, its not mine its my dads, but thought I would share. I used it to tow home a 1976 BMW 2002 that I bought. : )

1 - 20 of 115 Posts