VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
43041 - 43060 of 43089 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
VW Dub shop south suburbs?

Greetings, I tried searching the forums but came up short. I saw Komet, GRD tuning being mentioned, but are there any reasonable guys in the Southside suburbs that do good work? Orland Park area-ish.

I need to replace the clutch on my CC after APR tune. Just ordered the Sachs Performance clutch that mates with the DMF. Many Thanks

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Need to bring VWVortex representation back in Chitown I think!

I travel between Orland Park and Palatine all the time and see plenty of GTIs on 355.

Today spotted my white mk7 GTI twin in Palatine driven by a cutie ;). We both pulled into Starbucks at the same time shared a :peace: and we both broke off on the same intersection on northwest highway.

Bring back the love to Chitown Vortexers!
This thread does need to keep going. I see a few GTIs on 94 from my commute to Northbrook from the City. I'm in a mk7.5 tornado red GTI.

I've planned a few GTG cruises before (Windy City GTG) starting in Glenview at the Glen(Huge empty parking lot behind The Yard House) and ending up at Northerly island. Maybe another small Chicago burbs meet to get some people together again? Anyone interested?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Chicago service recommendations

My sister lives in the city of Chicago and the dealer just quoted her $840 to repair the rear drum brakes on her 2011 Jetta 2.5! They quoted $600 to replace pads and rotors on the front.
Can someone give me the names of any independent shops that aren’t as outrageous? I appreciate any recommendations you can offer.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Looking for a certified VW mechanic who knows their way around a 24v VR6

Looking for a certified VW mechanic who knows their way around a 24v VR6. If you can recommend or are that guy/gal shoot me a PM. thnx

43041 - 43060 of 43089 Posts