VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
43061 - 43080 of 43089 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Still here C. Or back I should say after a looooong while.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is there anyone in Chicago who is essentially an expert touch-up paint applicator?

Got a chip in my door from another car (no dent) that goes all of the way through the paint. Not really looking for respray work an otherwise pristine and ceramic-coated panel with <5k miles on it, but I need to get something done to prevent corrosion. Would prefer to hit it with touch up paint and wait for it to collect some more damage before considering major paint work.

I'd rather pay somebody else to apply factory touch up paint and do any necessary sanding/polishing on the spot. I know my first attempt isn't going to go perfectly and I'd just be happier paying someone who has a lot of experience getting touch up paint to look as good as possible.

Maybe I am just using the wrong search terms on Google, but I am not really seeing this. Any recommendations on PDR guys or body shops that are willing to do their best with your touch up paint for a few bucks?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Is there anyone in Chicago who is essentially an expert touch-up paint applicator?

Got a chip in my door from another car (no dent) that goes all of the way through the paint. Not really looking for respray work an otherwise pristine and ceramic-coated panel with <5k miles on it, but I need to get something done to prevent corrosion. Would prefer to hit it with touch up paint and wait for it to collect some more damage before considering major paint work.

I'd rather pay somebody else to apply factory touch up paint and do any necessary sanding/polishing on the spot. I know my first attempt isn't going to go perfectly and I'd just be happier paying someone who has a lot of experience getting touch up paint to look as good as possible.

Maybe I am just using the wrong search terms on Google, but I am not really seeing this. Any recommendations on PDR guys or body shops that are willing to do their best with your touch up paint for a few bucks?
A body shop will want to do the entire panel probably $300+. As far as touch up shops, couldn't say. I know those guys tend to be hit or miss. I typically do these things myself with either a toothpick for hood chips or a hobby airbrush with decent success from a few feet away.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Up until 2016 my car has been a Pacific Northwest (seattle) car so no salt. I'm noticing a lot of 07/08 MKV chassis cars for sale with rust issues and would like to keep my car for another decade. Anyone have any recommendations for preventative measures or addressing it when it starts?

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
shops

So, where / who are the shops that people are taking their cars to for work these days? I have a timing chain job (among other things) to do on a mk4 r32 and I am not in a position to start/finish the work myself right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
So.... when's the next GTG at Bar Louie on Taylor St? :cool:

43061 - 43080 of 43089 Posts